BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$169
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$155
The Place Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$172
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$156
US$148
Hotels.com
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$160
US$144
Tropic Island Resort(Port Aransas)
US$270
  • Pool
Days Inn by Wyndham Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$169
Camp Coyoacan(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$125
US$121
US$136
TripAdvisor
All reviewsaviation themeevery morningfruit cupamelia earhartbreakfast delivered to your doorair forcebreakfast basketthemed rooms arewithin walking distancelook forward to staying here againhot tubcouple of nightsrestaurants and shopsupdated roomsrooms are smallbbq grillmini fridge
Reviewed 17 June 2017

This place is what PA is all about. A bit kitschy, but heck, it's a beach town. The property is very-well located, and the airplane themed rooms are clean and comfortable. However, it would be nice to have a shampoo and conditioner as an amenity. I left mine at home thinking heck, all hotels have those. Apparently not, but that's a minor glitch. The free breakfast is a very nice touch. I did think however, it was a bit overpriced for what it was, but was still less expensive than larger, resort-style places. It may be apparent that the pricing is done that way. Just kept slightly under what seems to be "the standard" $200 a night hotels... It ain't Hawaii folks... I can stay in Kahului Maui for $50 a night cheaper! But all in all...I would most definitely stay here again. Very nice owners with a flair for the air...and a clean stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Jay H, Owner at Amelia's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the nice review. I can only apologize for the shampoo and conditioner glitch -- you should have had both in the little wicker basket on the counter in your room. Sounds like we have some retraining to do, as your room was checked by both the housekeeper and our desk staff before you checked in! Had we been notified we would have instantly rectified this, of course.

We will do better next time. Thanks for coming!

Blue skies and tailwinds,
Jay Honeck
Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 11 June 2017

This old motel has been redone with an airplane theme...but it is still an old motel, with a small cramped rooms! Check-in was smooth and I ordered my breakfast, canned juice, coffee, a fruit cup and a store bought muffin! I was amazed at how small the room was...very claustrophobic! It appeared clean...just a old style motel room!
The AC was very loud and barely kept the room cool! I had to turn it off to watch television...but then the room got hot and stuffy!
The hot water was extremely hot and could easily scald a child if they were left unattended! Parking was cramped, especially with the Texas size trucks in the lot!
The pool looked okay and I did not check out the hot tub!
I felt the accomodations were overpriced, unless the airplane pictures and airplane room names are your thing!
The location in on the main drag and close to many shops and bars! The beach is several blocks way.....to far to walk...so take your car, a golf cart, or ride the trolley!
I did not contact the owners regarding the AC issues.... it was late when I got in and left early the next day!
I would not book here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank gayla
Jay H, Owner at Amelia's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hi Gayla,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the room you booked. It is our smallest type of room. (We call our singles "island cozy", and they are small -- and absolutely our most popular style room!) Please be aware that, for just $20 more, we offer rooms that are twice their size.

The room you stayed in has internally been rated 4.8 out of 5 stars by guests since it was renovated (down to the studs) several years ago. This rating comes from the questionnaire that was in your breakfast basket. It is a popular room, and one of the newest on the island. (There is nothing in that room older than 3 years, right down to the light switches.)

As for the price, the summer weekend you stayed we were far less expensive than any chain motel on the island -- and they don't deliver breakfast to your room. If the higher summer prices are an issue, you may wish to consider visiting during the 9-month long off-season, when prices are literally half what they are in summer.

As for our distance to the beach, we walk there almost every day. It is about six blocks, and the stroll takes you past most of the great bars and restaurants, so we never get thirsty! Distance is, of course, a subjective judgement call -- but we think we have the best location in Port Aransas.

Regarding the "loud" HVAC, we have inspected it and found no flaws. The room has been almost continuously occupied since your visit, and we have received no complaints, so I don't know how to address this, other than to comment that noise levels are subjective. Many people enjoy the white noise of a fan, for example, while others desire absolute silence.

In closing, I hope you will try us again. Let me know when you're coming and I will upgrade you to a larger room at no extra cost.

Blue skies and tailwinds,
Jay Honeck
Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Standard motel type accommodation; Breakfast delivered to room; Photographs of Amelia Earhart in all rooms; parking spots conveniently located outside guest rooms; inform front office if checking in beyond 11 PM

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank KomalaK
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This was a neat place to stay for a couple of nights in Port A. Great staff, friendly and accommodating. The aura of this motel is nostalgic and historically interesting with it's aviation theme. My family and I were in town for a wedding and practically the whole wedding party stayed there. We all had a great time visiting around the pool. The motel is centrally located within walking distance of many shops and eateries. It's about a five minute drive to the beach. Breakfast is brought to the room! Pet's are welcome.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Burton C
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Amelia's landing is like the motor inns of the 40s and 50s. The owners and staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They bring you breakfast to your room. Muffins, juice, coffee. Above all it is peaceful and quiet. We stayed a week and found the location to be close to wherever we wanted to go. Prices were very reasonable

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple