“great find”

El Valle Torteria Y Grocery
Ranked #24 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 June 2017

This is a small stop but a great surprise! They had delicious food! We will be stopping by again. Best of all it is on the main road so you can't miss it!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

I have purchased a pound of Barbacoa, Lengua, and Tamales. Corn Tortillas are included in the packaging of the above mentioned meats as well. I usually buy a grapefruit soda to go along with the breakfast meals. Avocados and Mexican sodas are regular items sold at this establishment. There is not alot of room to sit and eat because it is mostly a drive thru, and pick up type of eatery.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

This market offers a special taco meat ($8/lb) they make that is available only on weekends. It comes with the meat, toppings, and 8 fresh tortillas. There is a drive through window - how easy could dinner be? We took the meat home and stored it in the refrigerator until evening. Then we heated it up in the microwave. Our first clue to a problem should have been the grease. It was swimming in fat. My 85 and 88 year old parents and I got violently ill 2 hours after eating this meal. We had nothing else with it. We were sick for 36 hours but not feeling well for days after that. We will never eat there again.

I called to report it to the manager or owner but they just said one wasn't available and took my telephone number. No one ever called me back.