“Great Tacos”
Review of El Buen Pescador

El Buen Pescador
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Great breakfast tacos. Great quality and value. Good Christian owners. Had them to a dozen tacos for the guys at the boat yard that worked on my boat. $24.00 for a HEAVY bag of breakfast tacos

1  Thank DavidWarmke

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic authentic food. Language barrier is a little rough, but that's OK. A little hole in the wall, but it offered up quality!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We wanted to go to a "nonchain" restaurant. We love where the locals go. My husband got all you can eat. The service was great, friendly. Food excellent and plentiful. Clean environment and cost reasonable.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Just had to try this small restaurant after hearing about the good fish. Not being much of a fish lover I decided to give it a try nonetheless. While I could have opted for all you can eat shrimp I wanted to try what everyone comes here for - the fish! Settled on the all you can eat shrimp and fish - both of which are offered 4-5 different ways. What is unique and wonderful about this place is that you can try all the different ways they prepare the fish and shrimp and they are happy to offer this. ( well won't go so far as to say happy as the waitress was a bit "stern" although extremely competent). Either way I got to try all the different ways that they serve their fish and shrimp and all were delicious and not dripping in grease. Probably won't try the blackened version again although it was fine. Probably my favorites were the breaded or battered fish and shrimp and the garlic version. If I decide to eat fish again will for sure come here and will not hesitate to come here for all you can eat shrimp.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I saw some good reviews and we decided to take a chance (the outside of the restaurant was unassuming at best), and we were well rewarded. I had the shrimp fajitas and my husband the steak fajitas, and we asked the waitress to recommend flour or corn tortillas. She shyly recommended the flour tortillas, and when she brought them out I could tell they were the real deal. Excellent tortillas, flavorful refried beans, amazing meat/shrimp and peppers and onions, and nice rice. It was an excellent, well-prepared, beautiful meal for a very reasonable price. We will be coming here again.