“You ARE Eating At The Home Of A Chef!”
Review of The Chef House

The Chef House
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: The chef House Restaurant Offer for you a Family atmosphere & exclusive menu full of exciting and mouth watering Mexican & International dishes, we are open from Tuesday to Sunday for breakfast & lunch from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife, Jean, discovered Chef House on tripadvisor. The Chef House is located in Port Isabel just beside the causeway to South Padre Island. Perfect location. Parking is available. The dining room is welcoming, nicely appointed & clean with low-key relaxing music. Service is prompt (well we were there for lunch on a quiet afternoon). Prices are well worth the food. We were seated with excellent chips & two dips, a warm tomato salsa & pico with a twist. All very good. First & foremost its well worth the short drive from the Island for a imaginative, Mexican-fusion breakfast. We will do that during our next stay at the Schlitterbahn for Christmas. Meantime lunch arrived: seafood soup, tortilla soup, a salad. All really did represent the effort of a food-loving and imaginative chef. Jean, my wife, finished her tortilla soup and has now been converted into researching recipes so she can try to match the Chef's. My seafood soup was somewhat of a delicious twist on bouillabaisse or cioppino. I discovered several varieties of fish, mussels, shrimp, a small crab, octopus in the tomato, onion, celery savory broth. Enough details, who knows what you will order of find among the specials. Enough to say I cook a bit and appreciate the food and ambiance here and will return. Prices are modest in relation to the food. A small bite complementary dessert appeared at the end of the lunch! Gracias Chef!

Silvano C, Manager at The Chef House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

thanks for your visit and we wait for you and your family again
God bless you

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This is my second time to The Chef House. My last time was 2 years ago and we loved it. Not the typical Mexican food. You can get fajitas, but they won't look or taste anything like what is served in most restaurants. I ordered nachos and they tasted like something from heaven. My friend ordered shrimp and they were carefully grilled and flavor, she said, was the best she had ever eaten.

This place is owned by a husband and wife. I believe he worked as a chef at a 5 star resort in Mexico and I believe it. This place is small, so make reservations to make sure you are seated when you want.

Table cloths on all tables for dinner. No plastic utensils here. Quiet. Excellent service. We had no fewer than 5 different dipping sauces for chips brought to the table. I love spicy and they were great. Prices for this food quality represents great value.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Put this place on your list if you're visiting South Padre Island. Port Isabel is at the end of the Queen Isabella Causeway...close enough!

Silvano C, Owner at The Chef House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thanks, for your comments, we wait that you, your family & friends Back to soon, again

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

At The Chef House in Port Isabel, TX $10 buys you a delicious carrot soup, a blackened fish plate with French fries, cole slaw, rice, and a petite dessert that won’t make you feel guilty!

Silvano C, Owner at The Chef House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you very much for your appreciable comment
We hope you visit us always and we are to be of your preference
always offering delicious dishes and quality service

we are pending with the special dinners

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I was reading some of the reviews on this place and I can't believe no one has talked about the Huevos Al Gratin. Visiting South Padre Island over the weekend we were looking for a late breakfast and this particular dish was recommended from a friend. It looked like a soup at first glance, but once our spoons dipped inside, you were greeted with a sea of runny eggs, beans, a tortilla, salsa, cheese, and sour cream. ( I recommend getting both the red and green salsa). I will not write anymore because words will not do it justice. Order now and you will not regret it.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This was a really great experience. Having the opportunity to have a menu with different options of american and mexican breakfast, was the best way to start the day my american husband got his american breakfast and me as a mexican girl my mexican breakfast. The flavor was super good and the presentation was really nice. Definitely the best place to go for breakfast.