“Bit of Hong Kong ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Love the Dim Sum here and pretty expansive list. Reminded me of the little place we used to eat when we lived in HK. Mains equally good but what was lacking is the service. Disappeared all night and two of our dishes never came. So food is great service need improvement

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Went on a Sunday brunch- long line (@ 25 min wait) and lots of Asians in line so you know you've come to the right place. They cart around a variety of dishes to choose from in smaller plate style- lots of variety. You can also go to the buffet and hand pick. Service was friendly and fast. Food was great. Restaurants is large and very casual (for attire and within the room). Busy times (brunch for sure!) is a bit chaotic but not long waits. Prices are reasonable. Restaurant is up the stairs/elevator. There is another restaurant on first floor. Limited free parking so might have to park on street.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great dim sum restaurant with well executed favourites presented by well staffed carts. It's a Sunday institution in Dallas so get there early or you will be waiting a while.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

All I wanted was a simple Chinese meal, a soup and an entree, with hot tea.
At 7 pm on a Tuesday, the restaurant was mostly empty, and I got seated right away. I was presented with an extensive menu and a dim sum sheet (apparently, Kirin is known for its dim sum).
Well, I didn't feel like dim sum that particular evening, but the waiter appeared shocked that I did not choose any, and repeatedly tried to verify that I really did not mean to order dim sum. No, don't want any dim sum. But I would like some soup.
There was an extensive collection of soups on the menu, but most offered only group pricing. I did not feel like egg drop or hot-and-sour, but when I tried to order some other ones, the waiter actively discouraged me saying the portion was too big. I might not have cared - can always take the rest home! - but then I spotted Shrimp Wonton soup, which was priced half-way between group and single soups. Well apparently that was a problem too, for whatever reason, but in the end, he did permit me to order and I did end up with a single-serving bowl. It was OK; I would have been happier with something more flavourful, even for a few dollars more and even if I had to take most of it home.
For the main course, I chose seafood medley with spicy salt. "(Spicy)" was an additional warning the menu; alas, it was not needed. It was salty all right, but not at all spicy. The scallops were soft and tasty; squid and other morsels not as much.
In the end, it was an OK meal, not much different from any other Chinese place, at a fairly reasonable price.
But the confusion with the dim-sum and soup was unfortunate.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I went with a friend of mine that goes there often. She is from Hong Kong so I always go have Chinese with her. :-)

This place is really good. I love their dim sum menu and we had Chinese broccoli and orange beef. All of this was very good!

On a Tuesday night it was not crowded at all which allowed us to easily converse too.