“Nice little breakfast joint”
Review of Hot Pancakes

Hot Pancakes
Ranked #102 of 428 Restaurants in Richardson
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Hot Pancake is a nice place to have a cheap breakfast. The Staff is nice and friendly and the food is good.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

My wife enjoyed a late breakfast - food was very good, and prepared how we requested it. The service was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We drove over 75 miles, specifically, to eat here. The reviews about this place (on multiple review sites) were phenomenal; naturally, I figured this would be a great place to eat at with my family for my early birthday kick off celebration.

I ordered Eggs Benedict..the eggs were soft poached. I admit, this was my fault for not asking - but I'd also never been served soft poached eggs before when I ordered them anywhere else. So, I didn't know to ask or to instruct they be hard poached. Obviously, I dislike runny eggs. So, for me...it ruined the meal. The ham was pretty good, but the hollandaise sauce had no flavor. I could tell it was not homemade, but definitely a packet sauce. Since it took them 20 minutes to get my sons banana pancakes out to us after serving the whole family our food, I didn't bother asking for my eggs to be fixed.

The menus weren't incredibly clear about what comes with the meals. My husband got the Lumberjack meal, but didn't see it came with pancakes because it says it in the title (at the end) but doesn't list it in the food description. Had my husband not noticed the Eggs Benedict came with a fruit cup (because it was listed at the end of the title), I'd never have known I was to get one. The menu also had spelling errors in it; minor issue, but hard to not notice if you're really reading the menu and trying to decide what you would like.

It sounds like they had to teach the cook how to make the banana pancakes because I could hear them discussing it and the cook looked annoyed. I could hear them trying to figure out which tables were missing what foods...and at least three times I could hear staff stating other tables were "still missing" full meals or portions of their food to complete the meal. It was busy in there but seemed chaotic with all staff trying to get orders straight. We even ended up with an extra plate of sausage by mistake; which would have been great, had the sausage not been awful (imagine Banquet brand frozen sausage, microwaved patties...).

Our waitress was pretty good, though. She brought us extra napkins and it seems like she was being fussed at for it because I heard her say, "I was just giving them extra napkins." I don't know if the cook was also her boss, or what, but it seemed that way. Really, I am thinking that we shouldn't be hearing these conversations since it really detracts from the dining experience.

Bottom line: The food itself was just ok. About the same level as IHOP or Waffle House; cheaper to a degree. The atmosphere was definitely that of a cramped little Mom and Pop cafe; which you can sometimes find amazing food quality at. So, I was not put off by the atmosphere so much as I was dismayed by the chaos of the staff.

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Went on a Sunday afternoon for a quick lunch of old fashioned hamburger. They advertise a special of cheese burger, fries and a coke for $3.99. That's what I tried. Nothing special. just a hamburger with cheese. Okay. Service not very good. My order came out way before my husbands. Timing not good on table service. I was finished by the time his finally arrived. Only one cash register so this bogs down when everyone is trying to pay their bills. Breakfast looks awesome. We will go back on an early saturday for this.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

This was a very good find for me and my family. We visit this location maybe 2 times a month. The breakfast is always good and hot when it comes to me. I am pretty much stuck on the two pancakes, two eggs and two sausages with a glass of lemonade. I am never hungry when i leave no matter how hungry i start out being. The food is very good and the service is very good to have such a young staff, this is what surprise me the most.