“Attentive staff and good food”
Review of Caro's Restaurant

Caro's Restaurant
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have had my share of Tex-Mex food but the fare here was far beyond what i expected. The menu was varied and i tasted a few things with a new twist. Worth a visit and then another.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I live an hour away in McAllen, which has hundreds of Mexican restaurants but this one is my favorite! The atmosphere is clean and comfortable and the staff has always been attentive and friendly on my many visits. One of many restaurants in Texas which claims to have invented puffy tacos but to tell you the truth it doesn't even matter. The puffy tacos as well as everything else here is very good. This is not your fancy, upscale restaurant but it is surely a place you will appreciate if you like a casual atmosphere, friendly service, and delicious food at a very reasonable price!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

What a delightful place. We had often heard of Caro's in Rio Grande City as a great place to dine. We finally had the opportunity to do so. The place is on the main boulevard heading west. The restaurant sits on a corner lot, Easy to spot. The ambiance was really nice, rustic with a few antiques well placed throughout the place. Our waitress was prompt and well versed in the food items available. Our orders were fantastic. We were six adults and we were all pleased with our orders. Our plates were generously served and the food was very tasty. Would I recommend this place, absolutely. Would I go there again. First chance I get.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had lunch solo, ordered chicken fajitas, and it was really excellent. The chicken was among the most succulent I have ever tasted. Even better was John Villareal who runs the place, and makes everyone feel warmly welcome.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

The food is Good... but not as good as it once was...I have beautiful memories in the old restaurant that can never be replaced