“Great BBQ and fast service ”
Review of Hard Eight BBQ

Hard Eight BBQ
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Good BBQ hot off the grill and ready to go. Meat was tender and fairly priced. Sides were good as well. There is probably a better way to order as a family. I figure we will learn next time. Service was fair. A little better management and this place would be awesome. We will visit again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had never been but it is a tradition with my husband and his daughter and son in law since Tarleton days. The brisket and jalapeño chicken poppers were delicious. They have sausage, chicken, etc. I had a baked potato so can’t go wrong there. Add on freebies had a good variety. I wish I could comment on their tastiness but well, I got one carb . They had Mac n Cheese, This corn with jalapeño I wanted to try, and well, unlimited jalapeño full size.
They offer two types of bbq sauce - reg and hot. I do like mine somewhat thicker but a good flavor. FREE pinto beans with onions and more jalapeño. It is TEXAS bbq.

Banana pudding had a thin crust on top and pudding with bananas underneath. Very good!! And I prefer oven baked.

Ambience was fun. Outdoor covered seating and someone was always gracious coming by to fill out drinks or take our plates.

They started live music around 7!
Beer too!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In town for a customer meeting and ending up taking them to the Hard 8 BBQ in Roanko, TX. What a great experience! Besides having some of the best BBQ I have ever had, the sides were tremendous and authentic. The atmosphere was perfect and the staff were really friendly and helpful. One room was quiet so we could have conversations and the other large room was loud and a party vibe. Some say this is the best BBQ around and some might not agree, but it is certainly worth the trip! Beware that there are almost always lines any time they are open.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Best BBQ in town. Worth the wait in line. Many choices besides brisket. Ribeye cooked perfect! Layback atmosphere Awesome music on the Friday night when we were there Definitely a must for Texas BBQ!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I love this place, best bbq we've had anywhere. Very relaxed atmosphere. Can take a while because there's usually a line around the building. Be ready to spend the evening there. Brisket, sausage, and grilled corn are our favorites, but I haven't had any food that wasn't exceptional. They also did an awesome job of accommodating a large family style to go order. It's worth the line. PS my wife is Celiac which means she has to be gluten free. These guys have always don't a great job of taking care of her allergy and not making her sick.

Been to Hard Eight BBQ? Share your experiences!