“Very Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hester's Crossing
Reviewed 29 December 2014

We decided to visit HomeField Grill on Christmas Eve, we had been wanting to try this place and all other restaurants in the area were packed. Walking in we were shocked to find it nearly empty. First thing we noticed after sitting down, the lack of menu items. We opted to start off with some calamari. It was lack luster to say best. Catfish breading does not belong on calamari and the aioli was flavorless. I settled for a burger, cooked medium with mustard on the side, and a caesar salad. The burger was not bad, tho a quarter it was charred and no mustard. The salad came with Italian dressing and no Parmesan cheese. My girlfriend went with the grilled sausage and pepper penne pasta without the peppers. The "marsala-marinara sauce" was basically ketchup with sparse seasoning in it. Our salads came out with our food, leaving a big gap between our appetizer and dinner. With the restaurant near empty one would think that our server would have of been very attentive, this was not the case. Over all a poor experience. We do not plan on going back to this place anytime soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2014

First, Jonathan, our server, was incredible! Great personality and great product knowledge. Very attentive, but not hovering either.

We had the Cheese Bats for an appetizer which were good. Just good. The panko breading did make the crispy so that made them much better than regular cheese sticks. The sauces were good too. We are planning to try the grilled pretzels next time we visit.

I had the steak as my entree. Perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. I would love to see what the chef could do with a filet. My husband had the Chicken Fried Steak with Jalapeño gravy. He said it was one of the best he has had and, coming from him, that means something! I have to tell you, the thing was HUGE! I have cast iron skillets smaller than the chicken fried steak my husband was served!

The sides were excellent! You absolutely have to try the broccoli with queso. For those of you who are not from Texas, I do not mean cheese. I mean seasoned queso. It was a perfect pairing and will happen at my house from now on. One warning. If you like your broccoli limp, this is not your dish. This is perfectly cooked, bright green, and has the perfect amount of crunch without being on the raw side.

If you want to watch the game but don't think the kids will sit still long enough, this is your place. There are multiple TV screens all around the restaurant and speakers that the table that allow you to hear the audio of whatever channel you want to listen to. There is also a game room for bored kiddos so that you can relax and enjoy the game.

Not sure what beer to get? Get one of the beer flights! They have an excellent happy hour and game day specials! Trust me, your first time here will not be your last!

Check the hours before you go. They don't open until 4:00pm during the week. My ONLY complaint because I am in the area most often at that time.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

Great atmosphere no doubt.. we there on a Saturday night and there were at least 6-8 different football or baseball games being played. there is an arcade in the back, they have a cool little patio that had TVs too. However, the food was not that special. There are not a lot of selections. The food was average and the waitress didnt get our appetizers out. They comped some dessert to make up for it so that was nice. Not necessarily a have-to-go-back...

Reviewed 16 September 2014

HomeField Grill in Round Rock Texas is a great place to go! Great service, food, atmosphere & the BEST Fried Pickles I have had in a long time! If you are ever in Round Rock You MUST stop by and have a bite!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Food was ok, service was ok. I really doubt I'll ever eat here again. Decent beer selection and a game room but that was really about it.