See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Let's just say, there were cockroaches, hairs, & the cleaning ladies were rude & things in our room were stolen from our things. I would never stay at this hotel again. Planning on spending a little more to avoid all these things from the place.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Rene P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2015

I am so sorry to hear about your experience through Trip Advisor. I am available 24/7 and my cell phone number is on the hotel's business card. You should have advised the front desk about your experience so we could have handled it. What we could have done for you if you had advised the front desk or even called me personally is that the police would have been called to handle this matter we do not take theft likely. We also have surveillance system at our hotel. Our key system also allows use to find out when the door was opened and in what manner was it opened and by who it was opened by. Please respond to my message so I can investigate which house keepers were rude to you and I would like to also know which room you stayed in and what dates you stayed so I can also investigate who cleaned your room. We have always strived to maintain customer satisfaction and that is one of main priorities. Again please respond to this message so can continue maintaining customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 March 2015

First off let me say I always stay here because of the location its dwn the street from the National Shrine. You drive dwn the street there's resturants, bakery,and walgreens every thing you need. This visit is my 3rd time staying in this hotel I had never ate the complimentary bfast until this last visit all I can say is Delicious!!! The rooms are always clean and beds very comfortable.It was raining so didn't get to use the pool this time around but hopefully during the summer Because we will be staying again. The only negative thing i can say is they need better WiFi.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank cflores2014
Reviewed 22 February 2015

I went down the road first to the American inn. I walked in the lobby and it smelled like a dirty mop so I turned around and walked out.
I came to San Juan inn and the staff was nice and helpful. They let me see the room before I rented it because I told them about the other motel. It was very clean and the staff brought me an iron and ironing board to use. I have yet to try the breakfast but I will be there for the home made tortillas and breakfast of ham and eggs and all the fixings. I would come back and if your going to church they have the Mass schedule in the lobby. Excellent experience more than I expected.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room. If the lobby smells the rooms will too. 1st impressions are everything.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Excellent service all the way around!! Clean, cozy rooms. Clean pool. Quiet. Nice housekeepers. Homemade breakfast, homemade tortillas. Front desk has good communication & help. It is our hotel of choice when we go to visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Loka4GOD
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Stayed here only because it was close to the Shrine of San Juan. The toilet in our room did not work, it would not flush and there was no water in the tank. After waiting almost and hour after reporting this and noone calling or coming to the room, we called the front desk and they told us they would move us to another room. We were moved and again the toilet in that room was also malfunctioning but we figure out how to jiggle the handle and get the tank to fill with water.

THIS WAS NOT THE WORSE PART. Around midnight we were all sound asleep (3 single women) when all of a sudden the door to our room opens (good thing we had the safety bar in place). We are startled awake and the person trying to open the door keeps trying to force it open. We are yelling and screaming and one of us calls the front desk and ask them to call the police, etc. The people leave and we look out the window and there are 4 men walking away. Ten minutes later we have not heard from the front desk and noone has come to our room to check on us. We call the front desk and are told they had given our room key to these individuals who had just checked in by mistake. The clerk who had switched our room earlier and given us the key to the new room had failed to register the room as occupied. That is why the door actually opened even though we had it locked. Needless to say, we were unable to get back to sleep and it was very traumatic. All we could think was, we are so close to the border this might be drug related and they had the wrong room, etc.

To this day no one ever called us to apologize or offer us a refund of any kind. We were told the Manager, Myra Pereira would call us, but she never did.

Would not recommend this place at all. There are alot better places to stay in the McAllen area that are not that far from the Shrine.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank lilfalgil
Rene P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

I am sorry that you had a horrible experience. We are under new management and are currently upgrading in both customer service and room quality. We would love an opportunity to undo your bad experience. . Please call the hotel and ask for Rene Palacios so that you can give us another opportunity so that you may experience a truly pleasureable stay.