All reviews room was nice and clean waffles hot water texas cereal tv desk
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Exceeded expectations, the room was very big and the bathroom good with excellent
amounts of hot water. The big bed was also very comfy with good quality bedding. All very clean . Breakfast also v good with choices including scrambled egg , yoghurts , cereals waffles etc.
The lady on the desk when we arrived was so helpful and pleasant .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I recently spent two weeks in Texas after the hurricane working as a volunteer. Upon arrival in Dallas we learned we were needed near Corpus Christi. We got in late and based upon my experience with Choice Hotels elected to spend a night south of Dallas and about midway to Corpus Christi. We selected the Quality Inn. It was exactly what was needed. A friendly and prompt check in followed by a large, very clean and quiet room. Business travelers will enjoy the proximity to both San Marcos and greater Austin. Parents will find a nice place to rest when visiting students at the nearby University and people moving along through the expanse and wonder of Texas will also find this a place for a nice evening's rest.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I got to this hotel last week, it was clean, very spacious, and the staff was very friendly. The rooms have a mini bar and microwave oven, HD TV, HBO, etc... I even had some packages delivered there and it was OK. Overall experience was great.

Room Tip: Affordable Stay, spacious rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank massaro23
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn University near Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Javi,
Thank you for visiting us! We love to hear from our guests and are delighted that your stay was a fantastic one. It sounds like everything from our clean and spacious rooms to our amenities and service were on point. Thank you again for your review and we can't wait to host you once more here at the Quality Inn University near Downtown in San Marcos.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I visited my son at Texas State last weekend and needed a comfortable convenient place to stay close to his apartment and the campus. The location is the reason I gave this MOtel 2 stars. It is less than a mile away from Bobcat Stadium. I guess I didn’t realize this was a MOtel when I booked it. I haven’t stayed in a motel since I was a kid. When I drove in on a Friday night - when Texas State was playing their rival football team at home- I was surprised to only see ONE OTHER CAR in the parking lot. And only 3 more arrived before I left Sunday. I saw one man leave who apparently had no transportation leave his room and proceed to walk down the feeder of the freeway at 8:30 on a Friday night. There was a fence down on one side of the parking lot, and the motel is directly next door to an abandoned storage lot of some kind. I am guessing rooms are not rented there very often because when I got in out of the Texas 90 degree heat hoping to walk into cold air conditioning, I was surprised to find the ac was OFF and by the temperature inside, it had been for quite some time. It took 3 hours for the temperature to become tolerable. I was staying alone, which I enjoy quite often but was genuinely so scared that I slept with a chair against the door. The placard on the inside of the door said Travelodge, which explained much. The beds were comfortable enough. But the light switches were yellow and had old putty on them. For a total cost of $268 for the weekend, I guess I got what I paid for but have to admit I was disappointed even at that price. I won’t be staying there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tina72170
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn University near Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Tina,
Although you found our location to be ideal for your trip, we apologize that your overall stay with us was not what you had expected it to be. Your feedback will be shared throughout our team so we can identify ways to offer a better visit next time. We would appreciate another opportunity to provide you with the stay you expected should travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I needed a place to crash overnight while I had some work done in my apartment. But I didn't want to pay the exorbitant rates of places closer to my apartment. This place fit the bill. Location is a bit of a minus because its hard to get out of if the traffic is heavy (and San Marcos is really growing, so it is heavy most days during the mornings and evenings). Room was nice and clean, and the front desk person was pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank WinthropJQuiggy
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Quality Inn University near Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for your stay! We are glad that we could provide the affordable one-night escape that you needed. We love our location in the center of the action here in San Marcos, and we are convenient to the University, airport, and interstate! When you are looking for another great value, clean, and pleasant stay in the area, visit us at the Quality Inn University near Downtown!