All reviews room was clean air conditioning parking lot is waffles quick trip place to stay would definitely stay here again front desk clerk easy access johnny texas highway elevator graduation state university
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Parking very small no exercise room no elevator which was ok since it’s only 2 floors but I could hear the room next to me conversations while in restroom. Rust or something came out of tub while water was running and food was not all that stuck to oatmeal and fruit but did like that they had lactose free milk

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike P, Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for submitting your review. We value all comments as we use them to help us provide superior service for you and future guests. We hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Having read the other reviews, I wonder if those that wrote them stayed in the same hotel.
I stopped overnight on the 7th March, having flown in from London en route to San Antonio, absolutely out of it, just wanting somewhere to get a good nights rest.
Wrong choice.
First of all, let me say the staff were great, the room perfectly clean.
My room was ground floor front, looking into the car park and about 200 yards away from the Interstate which had traffic thundering by all night. Sleep depravation.
The morning breakfast was, food wise, adequate.
However, I don't believe it acceptable in this day and age to have paper plates and cups. Thought they were for childrens parties.
I did mention to the manager on checkout that he would do well to double glaze the outward facing front windows to reduce noise.

Room Tip: Take ear defenders with you or at least the ear plugs that airlines give you.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike P, Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

thank you for submitting your review. We apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. We also appreciate all the feed back that you have provided. We do hope you will chose to stay with us again as we can offer you a room away from the freeway and a lot more quiet. If you do consider another stay here please mention this review upon check in so that we can take care of this for you.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Upon approach to this property, I noticed how well lit the parking lot was. This made me feel very safe. I was worried that it may be noisy since it was right on an acess road with the interstate above but I never once heard anything. This hotel was extremely quiet. Lobby area was nice but I did see that the breakfast area seating was limited. We never did get the chance to eat breakfast as we were too busy. The Front Desk staff was AMAZING! From our first entry to everytime we passed, we were greeted with a smile. Upon checkin, the gentleman was extremely helpful and quite speedy which I enjoyed because I was ready to go to bed. Our room was clean and the beds were super comfortable. If I had to say anything bad at all, it would be the water pressure in the shower wasn't has hard as I like it and the hot water never got hot. I had the knob turned all the way up and still the water was just warm. That really isn't a downfall for everyone, it's just I like my showers hot. I used the wifi the whole time for work purposes and never had an issue with speed or being bumped off. The laundry room was clean and there was even a place for me to sit while washing/drying. I would whole heartedly stay at this property again. It's location is perfectly situation near everything (food/shopping/highway).

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Mike P, Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Reviewed 18 December 2017

AWESOME Staff and service! Rooms was very clean and comfy. And breakfast was the Bomb.com! Only complaint I have was no hot water in bath tub. Thanks Best Western for making us comfortable. They help with anything kind of questions and locations and activities you need to know. Kinda like having your personal ALEXA

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike P, Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for submitting your review. We value all comments as we use them to help us provide superior service for you and future guests. We hope we will see again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

really cool place i enjoy very much. feeling like home. no disturbance.breakfast area is small but its very nice. i personally like it. parking is good and interiour is also good. staff is good. it meet my expectations. value for money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike P, Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

We thank you for submitting your review. We value all responses as we use them to help us provide superior service for you and future guests. We do hope we will be seeing you again soon.