All reviewslarge walk in showerfrequent travelergreat hotelmodern hotelsausage pattiesmini fridgewonderful stayservice roadnice sizeeasy accesstexas state universityrooms are spaciousoff the highwayenjoyed my stayrecommend this hoteloutlet mallchecking out
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I'm sensitive to noise, and the room was very quiet/comfortable, even right off the elevator. The bed was comfortable and didn't hurt my back. The breakfast was quite good - hot area (sausage, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, waffles), cereal/fruit/bread area, coffee area, plus cartons of milk and Chobani yogurt in a mini fridge. Oh, and the coffee was quite good.

Room Tip: Higher and away from elevators
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
lorrainecruz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much on behalf of our entire team for the wonderful review on the Fairfield Inn & Suites in San Marcos, TX! We are delighted that our beds met your expectations as well as our staff and wonderful breakfast. We hope to see you again soon and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and our teen children stayed one week night to tour a nearby university the next day. I know that other guests were staying on our floor. However, we never heard noises from other rooms, even while in the hallway. We did not get a chance to use the pool or the exercise room. There were computers in the lobby for guest use, they were not in an enclosed "business center." However, they were free when I needed to use them.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. I know other people got on and off of the same floor, but I never heard any noises from nearby rooms..
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
lorrainecruz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice and I know when weekends get busy here in San Marcos, there may be a lot of action and activity and we do try and control as much of that as possible. When a guest calls down with a noise complaint or children running in the hallways, we send up a supervisor or Manager to investigate and try to control the issue. I appreciate your comments on liking our complimentary business center and we hope that the next time you are in San Marcos that we can be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice clean hotel and friendly staff. Has a nice gym to workout at. Not sure why coffee isn't provided for guests throughout the day? Good for families and business travel. Would recommend if you are staying in San Marcos.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites in San Marcos, we have a great work out room, outdoor pool and business center, all complimentary for our guests. Our Marriott Fairfield brand has coffee out in the breakfast area from the opening of breakfast until the close of breakfast, we usually try and leave it out at least an hour later for our late morning guests who enjoy coffee.
The coffee makers in all of the rooms make single cups of coffee and there are always plenty of coffee bags in each room and we can provide, at no cost, extra in room coffee bags upon request. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again when visiting San Marcos!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel for being 2 yrs old is not all that. Stayed here 1 night and that was more than enough, the ac came on once in a while it was hot in that room, the carpet was awful and it smelled horrible, the drain in the shower was clogging up , at check out we complained to the manager, but it was like talking to the wall she didn’t care about anything we had to say! We do a lot of traveling and I guarantee you trip advisor friends I will never stay at one on these hotels again, personnel is very unfriendly and unprofessional . Manager could’ve at least apologized or offer a discount, not that I needed it, but it would’ve been the right thing to do instead all she said was .“ Nothing I can do”.
Thanks for the awful experience Lorraine R Cruz
So called manager!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
lorrainecruz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos with us. I am so sorry that you did not have a great experience and please know that I personally checked out your room and when I came back downstairs you were gone. On behalf of our entire team, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our valued guests, such as yourself. At your convenience, feel free to share any additional feedback on how we can elevate your experience whenever your travels bring you back to San Marcos.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay for a short trip! Very clean, quiet, and wonderful breakfast. Nice and helpful staff, especially at breakfast. Very crowded on the weekend, but the staff were very helpful about making sure everyone had a place a to sit and got enough to eat. They kept refilling all the items until everyone got what they wanted for breakfast. They even came by and asked if there was anything else you wanted more of. Highly recommend this place for a enjoyable stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
lorrainecruz, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you very much for the wonderful review on the Fairfield Inn & Suites in San Marcos, Texas we are delighted that you had a great stay and enjoyed your Spring Break time.
We do get very busy and are happy to accommodate all of our guests and make sure that everyone has everything they need and give them a great stay and fix anything in our control that needs to be taken care of!
We hope that you will return any time you are in the lovely city of San Marcos.