“Wow...I didn't think Sandcastles were this much fun!”
Review of Sandcastle Lessons

Sandcastle Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are pleased to be the Premier Sandcastle Lesson company in the USA and operate exclusively from the Pearl South Padre Hotel on South Padre Island, Texas. We can come to your location too! Our aim is to make your family vacation one remember, and WE SUPPLY EVERYTHING - you just bring your Smile, Water, Hat, and Sunblock. We recommend that you secure your booking BEFORE your visit - by e-mail, phone or text (please include your name if texting). Instructor Andy Hancock will be pleased to help you build the castles of your dreams using 3 simple steps and no previous experience or creative ability is necessary. Our job is to make sure that in one lesson you have all the skills and tools you will need for a lifetime of building on the beach. We don't watch the clock as we are too busy watching our clients have fun. Your 1 FREE full toolkit in included for the truly inspired! - See you on the beach on South Padre Island - The Sandcastle Capital of the World. #WeDontDoBoring
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Andy Hancock entertained my family (me, my wife and four children - ages 9 to 14) for more than an hour and taught us a lot about building sandcastles. He stressed some simple rules to follow and then revisited them in such a way that my children could easily remember them. He demonstrated the proper use of the few simple tools required. He taught techniques for building towers, bridges, staircases, doors, windows, balconies and more. Most importantly, Andy has a great sense of humor and kept us all engaged and entertained. He spent quite a bit of time working with each of my kids to help them develop their skills. It was a lot more than I expected. I hope by looking at the pictures I've posted with this review you can see the joy on my kid's faces. My kids will probably forget much of what they learned on this vacation about dolphins, sea turtles and brds. But I know they won't forget Andy Hancock!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Family Vacation with 7 people 2 parents, 2 young adults, 2 6 year olds and a 3 year old! Andy taught us everything in 20 minutes and then we got to dig in! EVERYONE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME! Andy not only entertained while teaching us....he took time to get to know us individually! He made wonderful accomodations for my 6 year old with special needs and my 3 year old learned so much he actually built a VERY IMPRESSIVE castle! Hats off to Andy- he was amazing- it is not easy to find something the whole family enjoys and someone that can keep everyone engaged! THANKS ANDY!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We had a great time building a fire truck in the sand with our three year old son.

2  Thank RGS_12
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We all see the typical beach goer (usually a child) making sandcastles using the plastic buckets and molds you can get at any beach shop. And we come across the incredible works of art you see in sandcastle competitions, done by Masters. But when you combine the two, you get Mr. Andy Hancock and his sand castle lessons. We knew of him by word of mouth and when my daughter and her friend saw what he was doing in front of Boomerang Billy's, I had little choice but to sign them up. I sat with my beverage of choice, and the girls learned from a Master how to build sandcastles. The girls have a memory and a new skill they can take with them to any beach. Awesome!

1  Thank Stan H
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was one of the highlights of our trip. This is something that I would do again on a future visit. Andy is a great teacher and has a talent for making complex castle building simplistic. We had a choice of meeting on the beach or in front of a beachfront restaurant. Meeting at the restaurant was ideal because we had a water hose to clean off the sand when we were finished. Plus we could walk up to the outdoor bar and order an ice cold drink. Andy taught us great techniques that we can practice on our own. We spent one hour with him but I would recommend two hours if you have the time to spare. It was well worth it!