“Wow...I didn't think Sandcastles were this much fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandcastle Lessons

Sandcastle Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are pleased to be the premier sandcastle lesson company in the USA and operate from Boomerang Billy's beach Bar on South Padre Island. *PLEASE BOOK EARLY* Our aim is to make your family vacation one to remember, and we supply everything - you just bring your smile. We recommend that you secure your booking before your visit by e-mail, phone or text (please include your name if texting). (** we have a new booking engine on the site - Jan 2017 credit cards accepted) Instructor Andy Hancock will be pleased to help you build the castles of your dreams using 3 simple steps and no previous experience or creative ability is necessary. Our job is to make sure that in one lesson you have all the skills you will need for a lifetime of building on the beach. We don't watch the clock as we are too busy watching our clients have fun. We even include tools for the truly inspired! - See you on the best beach in Texas!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Wow...I didn't think Sandcastles were this much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Andy Hancock entertained my family (me, my wife and four children - ages 9 to 14) for more than an hour and taught us a lot about building sandcastles. He stressed some simple rules to follow and then revisited them in such a way that my children could easily remember them. He demonstrated the proper use of the few simple tools required. He taught techniques for building towers, bridges, staircases, doors, windows, balconies and more. Most importantly, Andy has a great sense of humor and kept us all engaged and entertained. He spent quite a bit of time working with each of my kids to help them develop their skills. It was a lot more than I expected. I hope by looking at the pictures I've posted with this review you can see the joy on my kid's faces. My kids will probably forget much of what they learned on this vacation about dolphins, sea turtles and brds. But I know they won't forget Andy Hancock!

Visited February 2012

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“FUN FOR ALL AGES AND ABILITIES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Family Vacation with 7 people 2 parents, 2 young adults, 2 6 year olds and a 3 year old! Andy taught us everything in 20 minutes and then we got to dig in! EVERYONE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME! Andy not only entertained while teaching us....he took time to get to know us individually! He made wonderful accomodations for my 6 year old with special needs and my 3 year old learned so much he actually built a VERY IMPRESSIVE castle! Hats off to Andy- he was amazing- it is not easy to find something the whole family enjoys and someone that can keep everyone engaged! THANKS ANDY!

Visited February 2012
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Specialized sandcastle for our son”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We had a great time building a fire truck in the sand with our three year old son.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank RGS_12
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique and must-do experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We all see the typical beach goer (usually a child) making sandcastles using the plastic buckets and molds you can get at any beach shop. And we come across the incredible works of art you see in sandcastle competitions, done by Masters. But when you combine the two, you get Mr. Andy Hancock and his sand castle lessons. We knew of him by word of mouth and when my daughter and her friend saw what he was doing in front of Boomerang Billy's, I had little choice but to sign them up. I sat with my beverage of choice, and the girls learned from a Master how to build sandcastles. The girls have a memory and a new skill they can take with them to any beach. Awesome!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Stan H
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was one of the highlights of our trip. This is something that I would do again on a future visit. Andy is a great teacher and has a talent for making complex castle building simplistic. We had a choice of meeting on the beach or in front of a beachfront restaurant. Meeting at the restaurant was ideal because we had a water hose to clean off the sand when we were finished. Plus we could walk up to the outdoor bar and order an ice cold drink. Andy taught us great techniques that we can practice on our own. We spent one hour with him but I would recommend two hours if you have the time to spare. It was well worth it!

Visited December 2011