“Get There Early!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great place for breakfast. Omelette was delicious. Cinnamon coffee was flavorful. But if you want to get a table for breakfast you must arrive at 8 am when they open, or good luck. The place was filled up by 8:30 am.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Really good breakfast place and real close to la copa hotel, they have really good pastries and sweet things to eat.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We went 3 days straight to this place and tried various different food.

Never ate omelet in Mexican style but it was delicious , their dessert was just amazing.

Value for money, must visit restaurant.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

if you want excellent omelette's , and other egg items as well as excellent lunch dishes, do come to yummies. we have eaten there several time and have yet to be disappointed. All the wait staff is very friendly and provide good quality service. I wish more restaurants in the rio grande valley could be like this. If I could, I would eat here every day.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

After noticing the high reviews, my husband and I had lunch here on a recent visit to SPI. Even though this is just a breakfast/lunch place, the menu is extensive with most items being “elevated” from ordinary diner fare.

My husband had Eggs Benedict. The eggs were perfectly poached. Beautiful sauce. The potatoes were crispy. Everything was perfectly seasoned with no need to “season to taste.”

I had Shrimp and Grits. The grits were cooked to creamy perfection. Again, the seasonings were perfect. There is a lot of variety in preparation of Shrimp and Grits, so I want to note that these are VERY cheesy (beyond usual.) I happened to like this, but it may not be what you are expecting. There are plenty of shrimp.

The iced tea was home-brewed and a little on the strong side, flavorful, exactly the way I like it. The service was efficient and polite.

There were a couple of not-so-great details that I will mention, but they were not significant enough to downgrade the review. The orange juice was from-a-bottle and made-from-concentrate and not very flavorful. Hubby was expecting something of higher quality. Also, shortly into my meal I ordered more flatbread to go with the shrimp and grits. (The cheesy grits needed the balance of the bread.) I was almost done with my meal when the server checked on me to be reminded of the missing bread. She was very apologetic and got the bread promptly (but really too late to be enjoyed with my meal.) In her defense it is VERY DIFFICULT to insert a “special order” into a fast-paced cook line. And this place is fast-paced with very quick service, especially considering that they are cooking their food fresh and made-to-order.

We will be back!