“Always a great time at Schlitterbahn!”

Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf manmade waves, move from ride to ride without ever leaving the water, blast uphill and down on thrilling water coasters or float peacefully on passive rides at this tropical water park along the beaches of South Padre Island. Over two dozens attractions for all ages, park has both outdoor and indoor attractions. Indoor attractions are open year-round in an heated, covered environment. Waterpark also has a beachfront resort hotel, multiple restaurants, 100' tall zipline ride and underwater Sea Trek attraction (open seasonally). Outside food and beverages are allowed (no glass or alcohol), free parking, free use of inner tubes and free use of life vests. Private cabanas with table side wait staff are also available for rental.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We can't plan a vacation in South Padre without visiting Schlitterbahn. Of all the Schlitterbahn locations, the SPI location is our favorite. It's a great time for families, especially those with smaller children.

All reviews
"whole family"
"parks"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed this. The only thing I didn't like was paying for the cabana and it was non refundable with weather. Be careful of that. It rained in the morning that we went. So we waiting until 1 to finally go. Played from 130-530. No rain until 6 pm so we were lucky. They closed at 6 pm due to weather.
Bring a cooler with food and drink. I like the cabanas to have a focal point for my family just hate paying for them. Don't miss this place and definitely bring season passes and coupons for half off.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Ok, been there, done that, check it off the list, don't care to ever do it again.

Over rated, over crowded, and hugely over priced.

2  Thank RL H
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Yesterday 8/11/2017 My and my son decided to go to Schlitterbahn after years and years of not being able to go because of the expensive ticket prices. Finally I saved up and took my son on a much deserved vacation. Our plan was to arrive at 1pm and leave when they close at 8pm. Well, at 510pm they kicked us all out. Supposedly because of a lightning storm coming. There was nothing! It never rained! It sprinkled for about 5 minutes and that was it! They asked us to leave because they were closing the park down. I spent $112 to enter your park! Not to mention the other $50 I spent on food and drinks for both of us! I feel ripped off. I had never been to your park. I had been wanting to come here for years but I just could never afford it and then for me to spend $112 only to be there for 4 hours only to be told to leave because of a supposed storm coming. There was nothing! Nothing at all! No rain. Like I said it sprinkled for a max of 5 minutes and thats it. All of this while the sun was out all day. I really wanted to spend some quality time there with my son but it was cut too short. I dont think I will be able to afford another trip to Schlitterbahn for a couple of more years and this makes us sad.

Looking around, employees thrilled that they get to close early.

contact Adrian 956-990-5275

1  Thank adrian f
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We visited in July with 8, 11, 22, 42, 46, 50 and 56 year olds. Everyone had a fun day. We rented a cabana so we had a central meeting place, it was easy to loose everyone floating around in the lazy river. I liked that the entrance to each water slide was off of the lazy river and you waited in the water while on line, no having to get out and carry your tube around. This is one of the smaller water parks, nothing compared to a Six Flags, but plenty of fun for a family.