1,180 results
All reviews pool area breakfast was amazing omelet waffles free breakfast first floor breakfast tacos hot tub tortillas small balcony spring break beds were comfortable ocean view family vacation off season starbucks gustavo
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel based off the great reviews I read on several sites. We arrived to our room and found it to be mediocre, for 2 nights it would do or at least that's what we thought. Then we tried to use a lamp next to the bed but it wasn't plugged in, neither was the alarm clock because there isn't an outlet anywhere their location. Maintenance brought an extension cord so that it could be used.
The coffee pot also wasn't plugged in because again there's not an outlet anywhere near it. When we got into the room we noticed a few knats, then several more flying around then came the baby roaches and not just one or two but definitely a few especially at night. The parking is another issue, it's horrendous.
Based on previous reviews I think this hotel was once a great place to stay but it appears to have gone down hill. Next trip we will stay elsewhere.
The maintenance man was helpful and did what he could to accommodate us and that is appreciated but unfortunately it's not enough to make us want to come back. Management, please get an exterminator to treat the building and an electrician to install some outlets.

1  Thank Erika H
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Erika H,

Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention. I want to assure you that we respond promptly to pest alerts with expert extermination services and also treat to deter pests on a regular scheduled basis. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

La Copa Beach Hotel was great. This is where you will want to stay. Nice pool with bar and food and music. You can walk the ramp to the beach. Nice rooms with balcony. And free breakfast. We had fun.
I will return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
PHMSGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hello Roderick O,

Firstly, thank you for choosing La Copa Inn! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're proud that our team delivered an excellent stay for you! We are also proud to know that you found our amenities to your liking!

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Booking online via Hotel.com was very easy. In my opinion, this place is over priced for the type of room these are. They are very outdated and need some renovations done around here, BAD! I wouldn’t recommend staying here. My family and I won’t be back. They do offer free Breakfast. Easy walk to the beach. Pool area is fine. One pool for toddlers which was great and then the main pool. Pool area gets crowded throughout the day. Convenient walk to some food places.

Day of checkin- it was a Sunday and it was EXTREMELY BUSY!! We attempted to see if the room was possibly ready before 3pm but it wasn’t (it was 2:45pm). So it seemed like no1s room was ready and we were all just sitting around waiting until exactly 3pm. Good thing was when we tried they did go ahead and kind of start the checkin process by giving us our wristbands (which identifies you as a guest there), inputting CC number, your packing tag and verified some info. Once we officially checked in it was smooth. Got the requested level I asked for which was great.

Inside the room- Needs major updating. Rooms have tile flooring. Floor seemed to be mopped. Not sure if it’s worth the amount they charge per night. Old furniture. Desk chairs pleather peeling everywhere. Rusty lamps. Dust like no one ever wipes down the room or even stays in the room. Beds are not comfy at all. There was a microwave and refrigerator in our room at least. AC gets REALLY COLD only certain times of the day and sometimes don’t even seem like it’s working. Outside balcony is very very small area but seems safe for small children. TV worked fine. Gets real muggy. The ceiling fan would keep the air circulated but it makes a terrible noise making it hard to keep it on. Great view of pool and ocean.

Bathroom - The toilet barely flushes. The ceiling above the shower was sooo damaged I thought water was getting ready to leak from it. There was previously a water leak I’m assuming. The towels don’t seem to be washed that well. They are hard. BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS!!! Water pressure is so-so.

Breakfast- When I read the reviews, all good was about the breakfast. BFast isn’t that great lol. It’s a basic breakfast set up. Nothing special. Big frown for me is that they don’t have any meats that you can self serve. You have to stand in the Omelette line (which is ALWAYS LONG) just to get 2 pieces of sausage. The bacon is “within” the the taco line -Sigh- So if you just want some bacon you have to stand in the line where ppl want Bfast tacos. It’s a bad set up I think.

Sky R,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your comments regarding the floor tile in the bathroom, rusty lamp and the ceiling fan have been taken into account. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. This review gives us a glimpse of the pressing matters at the hotel and rectify them as soon as possible.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This place is a beachfront property which Is good but way overpriced for the amenities which isn't much. Small pool, small front bar. Breakfast is served 7 to 10 which they hurry scurry you out before 10. They start cleaning up so fast and if you want a measly cup of coffee or even an empty plate they are quick to remind you its ending and you are done. Seating can be difficult so if you want to take it to your room since you have nowhere to sit there is one girl I encountered many mornings who will yell at you that you cant take it out. Sorry I paid for my stay I will take it. Much of the female staff at pool bar and front desk seem so moody and annoyed with you when ordering or asking a question. House keeping came late each day but was accommodating to what we asked. I did however find a pair of shorts I wore before I came here all of a sudden slashed all in the back when I put them on here. All down the back inseam looked like a knife or scissors was slashed through them. Hmmmm maybe I asked for too many towels? Which were very rough anyway which sucks when you are sunburn. I have seen this hotel respond to negative comments for a long duration of time. Seems things dont change. I don't reccomend this place unless they really lower their prices. Read the reviews people. I wont be back and wont tell anyone to come.

tanyabellew,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and 'm sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, facilities and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I arrived early due to my flight and shuttle timing so I had time to kill before check in. The front desk showed me where they have their little restaurant which I was super excited about because I was starving!!! I walked in and there wasn’t a clear set up of how to do thing. There was a counter which seats and then a bunch of tables. No sign that said wait to be seated and it looked very casual so I sat down at a table. It was just me and two other people who were just watching tv. There was a lady behind the counter and she never spoke a word to me. I sat there for 30-40 minutes (like I said, time to kill) and not once did she come out or say anything. There was no clear place to come up and order. Other employees came and went and not one single person said a word to me. I gave up and never went back my whole stay which sucked because it was for my birthday and I would have loved to get some drinks. Check in was quick and easy once I got up there (super long line) and every single cleaner/maid/whatever that I ran into the whole trip was very friendly and always said hi. Breakfast was good and had a lot of variety. The tacos are delicious. The room was big and comfortable. There was a squished bug on my wall which they didn’t clean up before I got there or when they came in to clean. When they came in to clean they didn’t leave me with a new towel for the floor or wash rag. The pool was nice but the hot tub looked disgusting and I never got in. It was green and even a bit brown. All in all it was good enough due to its close location to the beach (literally just straight behind it) and the free metro picks up right out front but from the description and pictures I honestly expected a lot better.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Brooke H,

We are sorry to hear about your concerns and I apologize that you had a long wait at the desk. Thank you for your patience. I hope that you will give us another chance to change your opinion and make your stay enjoyable. We are also forever working to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.