“Went to this small restaurant on the recommendation of a local.”

Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 9 September 2017

It was a great meal! The waiters were attentive and delightful. The food was delicious. We recommend this establishment to any who visit South Padre

tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you so much! Come back soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The food was great and you have a nice view of the ocean from the seating area. Staff was lovely and hospitable.
I would not recommend drinking the served tap water (we tried adding a freshly squeezed lemon, but it didn't help), but otherwise it's a quaint place to get a nice bite to eat.

Thank you for your review. I know what you mean about the water. We triple filter the water before serving. We also offer Fiji spring water for sale for those that prefer the taste of bottled water.
I'm so pleased you enjoyed our little Cafe on the Beach! Please come back soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My wife is not a big fish person. We split the red snapper. It was perfectly grilled and she loved it. I loved it also. Very good drink specials.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed our red snapper. It is one of my favorites too!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

First off, this is no beach bar. We were a little thrown back by the inn's appearance that hosts it but it is worth it. The ocean side view is relaxing and the server was sincerely sweet and speedy. The food and drinks were ridiculously good. We ordered the coconut shrimp, tortilla soup, jalapeño hush puppies, and the fried snapper basket. I would reorder if I go back. Also our frozen drinks looked like deserts - so good. Plus they were fresh and you could see the bartender whipping them up in the blender and NOT dispensing them from some cheesy frozen machine that the beach bars use. Definitely recommend a visit.

Thank you!! My mouth is watering . Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Great relaxed restaurant. View of the ocean. Food was fresh and very tasty. Chips and salsa excellent. Family had the salmon and loved it. I had the coconut shrimp. good size and great flavor. Would eat there again.

tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you! We're delighted you enjoyed eating at our little beach-side Cafe. I adore our wild caught salmon....it's sooooo yummy!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate it!!!!