“Escape from Flooding”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Stafford / Houston
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The facility did everything possible to make our stay comfortable knowing that we were forced to evacuate. They were kind enough to amend pet policy and was quite satisfied with the cleanliness of the room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Standard hotel. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done. If you're just visiting for the night to go next door, it's perfect. It has a bed, bathroom & shower. I've stayed here 5 or 6 times. It's an INN, not a HOTEL.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2015

I am originally from subcontinent. I avoid staying at hotels/motels managed by subcontinents people. I didn't know that this motel/hotel was owned or managed by people from subcontinent. We are mostly stingy and cut all kinds of corners to maximize profit. I asked for no smoke room. I didn't get that. There were only two towels. No facial tissue box, only empty slot. Every table lamp in the room and radio/clock were unplugged (I guess they were trying to save on electricity). Two tiny soap pieces, even the maid was making fun of the management.
Breakfast was the sorriest I have ever seen. There two apples in a basket. There was a waffle grill, but there were no Styrofoam plates, only small cereal bowls were available. Some scrambled eggs, but no bread slices or biscuits. I asked for plates and bread slides at the front desk and reply was "Sorry, we ran out". I am looking into getting credit from my credit card company. Never, never, going to stay to this place.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Mohammed M
Reviewed 19 May 2015

I was in town for the Oil show, rushing to leave I forgot my power pack for a very expensive laptop/workstation. Didn't notice until the following week thinking I was out over $150...

Chris (GM) and the crew managed to find & tag the lost item and send it back to me in under a week (once it was found and identified of course). Cant say enough for them finding and returning it to me.

Hotel access is good and they kept my room clean and proper. The WalMart next door is handy for longer term stays and just out of sheer convenience. Would well recommend a stay here again.

Room Tip: East side of building is more private and sheltered with trees and grass. West side is exposed but h...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2015

The suite was large, clean, and comfortable. These old motels do not have enough outlets for all our modern electronic devices. I wish they would forget the free breakfast, not much food and the coffee ran out with no attendant in sight. The waffle house is right next to the motel. There was never an attendant at the front desk so I had to go out side and ring the bell.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Stafford hotels
1.2 km away
1.5 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland
0.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Stafford / Houston? Share your experiences!