“Best Pho Ever”
Review of Pho Tan Mai

Pho Tan Mai
Ranked #40 of 98 Restaurants in Stafford
Reviewed 26 January 2016

I'm 68 years young and have eaten a lot of pho. This has to be the best I've ever eaten.
Wonderful taste. Not greasy. Quality beef. Fresh veggies.
Very friendly owners with quick service.
I will recommend this to all my friends and associates.
I will return every month when I come back to Houston on business.

Reviewed 17 February 2015

Noticed this new little place late 2014 and vowed I would check it out one of these days. Well the wind turned cold today so I decided it was time to warm myself up with some good Vietnamese soups.

Ordered the (E3) Beef Eye of Round Steak Noodle soup, and an order (A2) of Spring Rolls; my dining companion ordered the (D2) Chargrilled Chicken Vermicelli bowl.

We both thoroughly enjoyed the Spring Rolls and the peanut sauce. Pho Tan Mai includes a bit of the Sriracha hot sauce which adds just a bit of heat and quite some flavor to the spring rolls. My Beef Noodle soup was quite good and wonderfully warming on a cold night. My only suggestion would be that I would prefer a greater selection of the herbs and leaf vegetables to add to the soup. The offering was mostly bean sprouts, lime wedges, and a green leafy vegetable.

My friend was very pleased with the Chicken Vermicelli bowl and commented that she would be back again. She always gets the Vermicelli bowl when we go to Vietnamese restaurants, so I think she is a bit of an expert there.

My only suggestion is that we had to go to the counter to 'ask' for our bill, as it was not presented to us at the table. Perhaps this is a custom in Vietnamese culture similar to restaurants in Mexico; idk?? However other Vietnamese places I have dined have brought the bill to the table after I have finished.

I will go back again so that must say something, right??

Been to Pho Tan Mai? Share your experiences!