“Trying too hard.”

EJ'S Cotton Pickin DIVE
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Stanton
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We ate supper here while getting ready for trade days. Ordered the chips and queso to start. Got the OR water to drink. Great water. Queso came out fast and hot. Different than regular Tex-mex queso. Had some different spices they added to it like they thought they had to add some flavor. Not the best but not the worst. Then we ordered the grilled ham and cheese and the big load of meat. Said thick cut ham but was two small pieces. Had plenty of cheese. Seemed like a blend of two cheeses. Toasted great on homemade bread. The big loaf of meat was a meatloaf covered with cheese and a gravy. Was spiced up and smoked. Almost a overpowering spice to the meat. Not sure how exactly. It wasn't bad but relied on the spice rather than a good meaty taste. Pinto beans were okay and Mac and cheese was normal. There are not a lot of places to eat in stanton. Might try it again and get something else when we come back.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I told my son all about Ej's and their wonderful service.

My son was in town for college and he insisted that we come to EJ’s instead of a favorite BBQ place. Maybe it was the way several of us described the restaurant or the food or the wonderful servers that peaked his interest in eating at EJs.

Again, we all ordered something a little different and we all had a hard time finishing all that we served. I highly recommend the onion rings as an appetizer – 5 of us could not finish that either. My son was particularly impressed with the fried catfish. As delicious as it was, he could not finish it. I finished my burger but not my fries.

Our server Nicole was fantastic with her attention to detail.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

If you you are looking for good comfort food and friendly service EJ's is a small town favorite. Small restaurant with a mom and pops decor. There is also outside dining. Get their early at lunch time or you'll probably have to wait.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We came to this restaurant for a short business meeting and I was very impressed with how accessible it was off of the exit.
By themselves, the chips and queso appetizer are worth the 2 minute diversion off of I-20. Heck, they are worth a 20 minute diversion. Their onion rings are HUGE and delicious. I tried the chicken finger basket with gravy and fries and I could not finish it. Others I dined with enjoyed burgers – which they also could not finish. Others that I dined with are regulars and they got their favorites … the grilled cheese sandwich.

The server was very friendly and although he was very busy kept our drinks full.

If I am traveling back to Midland on I-20 and I am hungry, I am stopping here.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Just 15 minutes out of Midland. If you are in the area and want to have an amazing meal, you have to go there. Best pork loin and creamy corn ever! Service outstanding Sam was great!