“Don't let the location fool you”
Review of Aki Steak & Sushi

Aki Steak & Sushi
Ranked #31 of 383 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Aki Steak and Sushi is located in an HEB strip center. We would have never gone there if not for a recommendation from a family member.
We have now dined there twice and the quality of the food, the value, and the service have been surprisingly excellent.
The menu is extensive, Chinese, Japanese, Hibachi, Sushi, there is something for everyone.
The rolls are generously portioned and nicely presented, as is the sushi and sashimi.
Hibachi dinner and Japanese fried rice, both excellent.
We loved the tempura vegetables and tempura shrimp.
Overall, we could eat there every day for a couple weeks.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Really good food in Sugarland. Nice place with very good food, good beer and premium service. Really a place to get back to.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

When I almost ran out of wine, it was nice that you could ask anyone to help you. Lots of places someone will just tell your server and who knows when you will get what you ordered. In my experience here, I got a glass of wine in three minutes. Waitstaff came around to clear items from the table and asked us if we needed anything. Most of the time, we didn't. I think this place has good management and empowers the staff to execute. The bento box with the chef choice of raw fish was excellent. I wish we lived in the area, because they are on the top ten percent of sushi places I've been to.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We eat here weekly. Zero complaints. It's a smaller place, but the sushi is very good. Happy hour prices are hard to beat. It is located next door to HEB so there is plenty of parking available.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

What a great surprise! Good service, good variety of food. Mom and the boy love the sushi, I go for the grilled meals. Soups are good. Traditional Chinese menu avail as well. What a bargain for sushi lovers on Sunday! Starting to eat some myself as well! Great value!