“Good food good atmosphere!”

The Ginger Mule Tonic & Meals
Ranked #40 of 383 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here a number of times. Service is always great and they remember me and my preferences. Drinks are good. Preparation is inconsistent at times but usually tasty. A very pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I decided to try the place based on the unique menu and I was not disappointed. The service was great. Very helpful with suggestions on the menu and drinks. The food was the star however. On the waitress' recommendation I ordered the Pork Belly Maple Hash. It was an amazing dish with great flavor and contrast. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

If you're tired of watered down cocktails, try the Ginger Mule--cocktails are always well balanced and gutsy, and staff is friendly and will recommend drinks according to your taste. Try the happy hour menu if value is a concern--I highly recommend the cucumber jalapeno margarita (I'm not a fan of mules, though this is the moniker of the restaurant).

Another reviewer complained about the noise, and yes, this restaurant is cozy and always bustling on the weekends (hence long lines) but I think the atmosphere is festive and social and I love coming here to sip and people watch.

You can try the menu items--even the salads are tasty and there's a bit more here than "pub grub", so that's a plus. I like the apple waldorf salad with bacon.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

En route to a concert and looking for an early dinner and landed here.

First impression was we made a mistake. It's a tiny restaurant with majority of seating at a U shape narrow bar. It's not a fancy place is an understatement.

Service was a tad slow given there were a total of 8 people in the restaurant at 5:00 pm.

However all was forgiven when the food arrived.

I got the Butternut Squash soup with pumpkin seeds that was among the best I've had...it's my fave soup and a standard I use to measure other places.

Followed that Ruth the grilled fish tacos. Scrumptious!! Really great!

My wife had the pulled chucked Caesar Salad and she was knocked out. Easily the best she said.

PS I had their signature Ginger Mule...good drink to accompany the meal. Summery and fresh tasting.

We'll go back but won't dress up! Very casual place. A new favorite!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We came in for dinner on Saturday. It was pretty busy, but we found a couple of seats right away. The drinks we had were very nice, as well as the food. This place has taken classic drinks and menu items and thrown in a twist, which makes for a very interesting dining experience.