“Pleasure ”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #30 of 52 Restaurants in Taylor
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The establishment was nice and clean. The waiter was good. The fish however was not good. It appeared to be more cooked on the outside than inside. And it tasted terrible.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Myself and another lady came to this Applebee's when it had just opened. The food was not good and presentation even worse. Chicken way over cooked.
Returned this April with a retired military senior citizen. Asked about discounts available and were informed there were none. We ate the $6.99 special which they wanted to charge full price for. The food looked and tasted much better. The waiter gave you the impression that you were interrupting his day.
In May a co-worker and myself came in for lunch. We had the whiskey burger that was on special. Very tasty, the presentation was good and the ticket right. We had a really nice waitress.
Now in July I went in for a late lunch. I ordered unsweet iced tea, waitress asked if I wanted lemon or lime I said yes lemon please. Tea showed no lemon. I ordered my food and the tent advertisement on the table said "All Day Happy Hour" Bud Light Draft $1.99. I thought that sounded good and ordered one to go with my meal. The waitress brought my BL sat it down and commented that was the best she could do. About 1/3 of the mug was foam. The beer and mug were cold. The mug was dressed as I had ordered. When the food arrived it wasn't bad. I had ordered the B-Street chicken and shrimp. Then came the bill….Bud Light $2.29. So I asked the waitress pointing to the advertisement tent on the table isn't this beer $1.99 she said she would talk to the manager. Upon her return she informed me that was no longer the special…these tents were on every table! I explained that if it is advertised then that is the price. She took the tent and returned to the manager who finally did fix the bill and returned with my change and placed the tent back on the table. She told me the manager was checking to see if "they" were sending out new advertisement. Now if this was the case I would have been picking up the advertisement tents before any other customers had been misled…..as another reviewer said WATCH YOUR BILL. The restroom floors are sticky and stall doors need cleaning.
I am sure I will go back although not often to this location…I do like Applebee's and eat with them regularly as I travel for both business and pleasure.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We were in the Taylor area for a week and ate here twice. Very nice place, clean, friendly and our food was super. We had pork chops, salmon, sirlon stir fry and oriental chicken salad during the week. We were supposed to get the "2 For 20" but as I studied the receipt when we were several miles away, we were charged 22.50. So I called and ask. Explanation was that sirloin was 2.50 extra BUT we were not told there was an up charge. Shame on me for not checking before I left and shame on them for not letting me know and giving us a choice.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Every time we come here we say we're not coming back. Then after a few months we try again just to say the same thing every time we leave again.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

I jokingly tell my husband that I need to keep my expectations low. We don't eat here very often for very good reason. The service time and time again sucks! Tonight was no exception. I purposely ordered the same meal as my son, a hamburger. They brought out his food but not mine. Server no where to be found. Explained to manager that I never got my food. My husband never got his salad that he ordered either. After waiting another 10+ minutes my food finally arrived with a paltry serving of sweet potato fries, with a promise of more fries on there way. Smh! Fries arrived after we received our check. I don't think our family has EVER been served their food at the same time. There were only three of us in our party. How hard is it? The food itself is fine. The lack of service makes the experience dismal. I guess this explains why we only eat here twice a year despite it being so close to home.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!