“Great Bakery that offers lunch!”
Review of Teddy Bear Bakery - CLOSED

Teddy Bear Bakery
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Teddy Bear Bakery is OPEN close to downtown Temple, Texas. We have kolaches as well as some American favorites like muffins, cinnamon rolls, Teddy Bear Paws and cupcakes. Plus there's a deli attached so that you can grab a sandwich on fresh baked bread! Fresh made soups! Salads! Come by and see us!
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Great sandwiches and pastries! I have to say that I have not purchased any bread or cakes here but I have had lunch here 2-3 times. Good size sandwich, chips, pickle and a drink for a decent price plus their pastries are wonderful! The staff is super friendly.

Kirk L, Owner at Teddy Bear Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

So glad you enjoy our little place! We're in the midst of growing... keep an eye on us!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We stopped here before our visit to the Czech Heritage Museum next door and were disappointed that they were out of fruit kolaches, but we did have lunch. I had a blt on home made bread and my wife had the cobb salad. Both were excellent and reasonably priced. The icing on the cake - literally - were the almond and chocolate min-cupcakes that were given to us after the meal. Next time breakfast with both meat and fruit kolaches!

Thank you for your review! I'm sorry we were out of kolache... but I do hope you get another chance!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

This is a nice place to go for a decent sandwich and soup for lunch at a decent price. It's certainly not spectacular, but if you're around downtown Temple or on the north side you don't need to drive all the way south to Scholtzsky's or McAlister's when you can get a comparable lunch here from a local bakery.

Kirk L, Owner at Teddy Bear Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

I'm glad you enjoyed our little shop! We're a local neighborhood bakery with a limited menu, but we do our best with fresh baked bread daily!

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Had lunch here. Four of ordered different items. My grilled cheese was good, but the others were all a bit disappointed in their selections. When compared to West, TX Czech selections, these came across as a cheaper version. So...subjective thoughts.

Kirk L, Owner at Teddy Bear Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to review us! We do our best with everything fresh baked every day (no "day old" products!) and fresh bread daily for sandwiches and such. I know we're just a small place without the room of the folks at West, TX, but we do our best!

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

This is a great place to go and Chef Kirk is very friendly. The kolaches is good. Ordered a cake July 1st. Was dry. I don't know what happened, the baked goods are usually great, was very disappointed.

Kirk L, Owner at Teddy Bear Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

I am SO SO sorry!! Please get in contact with me... I will do everything I can to make this right!