All reviews hotel store comforts of home room was clean short stay great room off the highway nice place to stay easy access stay there again recliner kitchenette texas lynda
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Our first pet-friendly hotel experience was outstanding. The room was clean and well-appointed. The staff members were kind, friendly and helpful. Because of our more-than-satisfactory stay, we timed our return trip so that we could spend another night there.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Evelyn L
Reviewed 20 December 2017

The hotel is well situated right off the highway. Our room was clean and well appointed. The check in and out was fine and courteous. WE only stayed for one short night on a trip to Texas. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

No Internet, No hot water. How do you mess that up?!
All the charming things about this place are overshadowed by the failure in these two areas.

Got a well-stocked hotel store? Great.
Got loaner dvds and toasters? Ok.
Got a full kitchenette? Swell, too bad I can't use it while doing my homework because I have to go downstairs.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texarkana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hi David P,

I appreciate your post regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry to read that you found your stay to be disappointing. I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with the lack of hot water and internet service. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards.

I will address these concerns with the hotel management for review to ensure that this would not happen in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Clean, safe, comfortable and roomy. Front staff went above and beyond at check-in (I am so sorry I neglected to get her name as we checked in late) and made us feel right at home. Our room with two double beds was very spacious, with full kitchenette. Beds were very comfortable and bathroom clean and in perfect order If we had one issue, it was with the air conditioning as we could not control the temp - but we were so tired and just happy to relax for one night that we didn't ask for help.

Would definitely recommend and would stay again!

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This place smelled clean and I sure enjoyed the quiet room. Just off I-30, easy to find, all the comforts of home. Outback Steakhouse nearby as well as Crackerbarrel. Will stay again when I take my usual trips east. Some people said the elevator is too slow, but I got my lazy butt up and took the stairs. ;-)

Room tip: I was on the third floor. Very quiet.
Date of stay: June 2017