“Good Food Good Service”

Add it.
Cracker Barrel
Ranked #11 of 173 Restaurants in Texarkana
Cuisines: American
Description: An American Country Style Restaurant and Store located on the I 30 service road in Texarkana, Texas.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The usual comfort food (chicken and dumplings) and good service to boot.... The waiter had memorized the 'sides' selection list

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I requested a kid's meal and wasn't told there was an "upcharge" for a baked potato. I told the manager I would have been better informed if my waitress had told me. "We don't teach our wait staff all the upcharge menu, we assume the public knows". I am on a fixed income so eating out is a luxury. He did correct my ticket. I informed him that the potatoes were cool, "oh we put cold butter on them and that cools them". The butter never melted and wasn't even warm to the touch. I won't be in a hurry to return. I felt the manager didn't make sure the restaurant was based on customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

You know you are in trouble when the Cracker Barrel is number 10 of 168 restaurants on Trip Advisor. Plus the only beer in sight is of the root variety.

To be fair, it wasn’t the worst meal I have ever had, but......

I had the lemon trout along with french fries, corn and Brussels sprouts & kale. The trout was flavourful and properly cooked. The fries were tasty but only lukewarm. I expected the Brussel sprouts and kale to be hot, but they weren’t. It was more like a mini cold salad.

The highlight was the chocolate Coke cake with ice cream.

BTW, we knew going there that it was not going to be a culinary delight but its location allowed us to walk there after driving all day.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

There is a very valid reason why Cracker Barrel is ranked #9 in Texarkana on the Tripadvisor website. Their location is super easy for the Interstate 30 traveler to locate (exit at exit 222, Summerhill Road if heading towards "Big D"), their Menu is extensive and very affordable, and the service is always great and friendly.

I had lunch at Cracker Barrel recently and was quite surprised and delighted to find that they had included their Holiday Sunrise Sampler on the menu. It had everything and I do mean everything that you could possibly want for breakfast (or lunch in my case) all for $5.99! No wonder the place was packed when we were there. I love that their menu offers their customers everything like their Traditional Favorites to their Everyday Favorites. And parents will be pleased to note that they do offer a limited Kids Menu for Children 12 years old and under and is very reasonably priced. I just want to thank our waitress, Dinysha, who provided us with prompt and friendly service in spite of the fact that the place was crowded and noisy!

Finally, I am a big fan of their Country Store which is next to the restaurant and has all sorts of wonderful items for sale!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for Breakfast and waited 16 minutes for coffee!!
The waitress was totally overloaded!!!!
I know there are times when places are short handed BUT Where on earth is the manager?
He could at least bring water and coffee to the tables while we wait for the poor waitress!!
Very poor management!!!
We never saw a mgr the whole time. We were there 45 min!!
REALLY????
A Wed morning at 8:00

Some changes need to be made big time!!!
Waiting 16 min at table for coffee is a bit ridiculous!!!