“Quality food and nice atmosphere”

McSwiggan's Irish Pub
Ranked #22 of 103 Restaurants in The Colony
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

We found this to still be open after 9:00pm on a Saturday in Galway City Centre and weren't disappointed. The food is better quality (and a bit more expensive) than typical pub fare but very worth it.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

We were in town just for the night and wanted some bar grub. We left very happy!
Upon sitting at a table we were greeted by a waitress and served super quick. Besides beer we ordered the fish and chips and chicken wings, both were good bar food.
It happened to be trivia night so that was a lot of fun, even though the place got pretty crowded our waitress was very attentive. I would recommend this place to any traveler.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Went with few of my colleagues, I found the place having an old charm. We liked the place. Waitress were attentive. Despite huge crowd, we got everything we wanted in time. We spent almost 4 hours there. It is definitely a place to visit.

1  Thank Prosanta G
Reviewed 23 September 2015

I had the steak, my friend the fajittas (spelling!!) - both very good. This is a traditional Irish Pub and restaurant, I eat there a lot for lunch, so it was a treat to be there for dinner. Lunch is always good, consistent, relaxed and friendly. My friend eats there a lot with her family and groups from work, she agreed the consistency is amazing, and the food always good.

Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

My fiancé and I came here for dinner and trivia. I had the Shepard's pie. Very good, friendly staff, and fun environment.