“Great hotel once I got used to "door #1, door #2 or door #3"”

SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in The Woodlands
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Don't misunderstand me; while I LOVED the hotel and have a couple of examples of outstanding staff service, I have to mention the unusual "door configuration" in my hotel room #251. I never really got used to the three doors aligned across the room from my very comfortable bed. In the middle of the room was the door to the toilet & sink, just to the left was the door to a spacious closet followed by the third and last door in the rear of the room which entered the shower/ bathtub. Equipped with a very nice sink, well lit mirror and fabulous shower, I kept expecting to see the toilet here and got badly disoriented one evening in the middle of the night! The bathroom, or more accurately the shower room (there I go again), was very roomy and came with torso jet-sprays in addition to the overhead shower. Quite nice.

The hotel is very new and the rooms have attractive, modern shades of "spring green" and "caribbean aqua" throughout. Very soothing. This is an ideal "work hotel" as it is equipped with one of the nicest desk-defined areas and ergonomic work chair that I've ever seen in a hotel. Definitely NOT an after-thought.

Now to the service. A huge convention was in town and there were simply ZERO downtown Houston hotels available or even rental-cars. I did not realize how FAR from downtown I was going to be with my SpringHill Woodlands hotel choice. Almost 90 minutes to the Reliant Center in tough morning traffic. Thankfully, the night staff advised me to make arrangements the evening before for transportation to my convention the following morning. While expensive, the prompt service and transportation coordination smoothed over what could have been an early morning stress test.

The value to roomrate ratio in my mind is excellent in my estimation. I can recommend this property with confidence!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was doing business over in Porter, TX but found this SpringHill Suites in The Woodlands had good ratings, so decided to give it a try. Glad I did! This place is awesome. Brand spankin' new. Clean. Well designed. Quiet. And in an excellent location that is near just about every kind of restaurant you can think of. Right on the Interstate, so easy to find. What else can you ask for?

I especially liked the layout of the room. It has a separate water closet for the toilet that includes it's own sink. The standup shower and main sink are in a completely separate room. And the shower is awesome! It has two spa jets that you can turn on for a body wash. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water made taking a shower a real pleasure.

The staff is friendly and helpful. I left my cordless mouse at the hotel and didn't discover this until I arrived home. I called and asked if they had found it. Minutes later, they had already arranged to ship it to me. Excellent.

The room has a nice big desk and work area, which I liked because I was on business travel. Also has a big comfy couch with built-in ottoman.

Request a room on the top floor facing west, as this is the side that is quieter, and away from the Interstate.

The only downside is that they do not have The Wall Street Journal as most Courtyard Marriotts have. They only have the USA Today.

Grab one of the strawberry or mango suckers that they have at the reception area. They are really good!

Room Tip: Top floor on the west side of the building, as the Interstate is on the east side of the building an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Great rooms, good breakfasts, friendly employees, convenient location, reasonable rates. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

What a wonderful surprise. A very clean and new hotel in a safe north Houston suburb. Staff was friendly, rooms were very clean and fresh with every accommodation you can imagine. Firepit patio, awesome pool. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed there for my daughters rugby tournament. The staff was very nice and Calli was great. My husband enjoyed the bar and my daughter and I enjoyed sitting outside with the fire. The room was awsome! Loved the layout and the colors. The bathroom is seperate from the shower and has its own sink. The only downsides were if you were sleeping/sitting on the couch you could not see the tv if someone was watching it from the bed. The bed was super firm and enough that my husband had a hard time sleeping but then that is a personal preference. The extra blankets were very scratchy and breakfast while having quite a few choices wasn't the best tasting. But with all of that we would stay there again - hubby could just sleep on the couch.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family