“Great Food however almost always a wait.”

The Republic Grille
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in The Woodlands
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Featuring flavors from Texas and influences from the South, The Republic Grille offers traditional and distinctive mouth watering dishes. Enjoy our award winning Chicken Fried Steak, Southern Style Shrimp & Grits, Blackened Flounder topped with a Crawfish Sauce, Bacon Glazed Quail, Double Cut Pork Chop, Certified Angus Burgers and much more. On the lighter side, try one of our many unique and scrumptious salads or if you just want a nice bowl of soup, our Chicken & Sausage Gumbo will surely hit the spot. Complete your meal with one of our homemade desserts each served with a scoop of Blue Bell Ice Cream. While customers rave about our Bread Pudding, the Pecan Pie and Oreo Chocolate Cake aren't too bad either.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is great it’s a busy place so almost always a wait. Chicken fried chicken or chicken fried steak are my go to dishes here. Ask for a small as the large is always to big to eat. I typically have the Jalapeño corn with it and the cornbread. Mouthwatering good. The sausage and chicken combo is a good starter. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely love the grilled chicken wings. They are hearty enough to have as an entree. Also very good service. Lu took great care of me on the patio today.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We eat at the Republic Grill on FM2978 frequently. The food and service is always good. My wife always has the shrimp and grits! Enormous portions. She takes a box home and has two more meals from home.

I wander around the menu. This time I had the chicken marsala. It was tasty!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriends and I have always loved this place, however I don’t see us going back. For lunch I ordered the big gumbo. My first bite was just mostly the warm broth (it was cold outside) and rice...but my second bite had sausage. As soon as I bit down, there was like a large tooth in my mouth (that wasn’t mine). It was solid and didn’t break at all. I removed it and put it to the side of my plate waiting to motion our waitress over. To save for a long story of our annoyed waitress, she sent over the guy manager. When I told him (and showed him) what had happened, his response was “well, you never know what you’re going to get in sausage!” So even though I was nauseous, I let him replace my gumbo for the safer enchilada soup. I just couldn’t eat because my stomach was churning. To top off our lunch, we were still charged the full amount for the gumbo! When I asked our waitress about it, she slapped her hand down on the table with a “fine, I’ll have him remove it.” So disappointing!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Found this place and what a surprise. We ordered the chicken fried steak, mashed potato, green beans. Salad with chicken and side Mac and cheese. Both were outstanding and we could not be happier. Service very good and personal, helping decide in sides. If you are near here its worth the drive. Highly recommend and we will be back next time we are close.