I recently attended a 3 day meeting at this facility was very impressed with what it had to offer. The food, for the most part, was very good. We had breakfast and lunch at the buffets in the dining room and dinner at Robards steak house (on the property). Be prepared to do some walking......the rooms are not in the main building, they are in separate buildings, so be prepared to do some walking or call for the shuttle (golf carts). I was on the concierge floor in the 3000 building. Not much of an offering in the concierge lounge - coffee in the morning, sodas & chips in the afternoon. Nothing like what you get at a Marriott concierge lounge. They ned to train housekeeping to better provision towels, etc. I had no bathmat after the first day and they only left me 2 washcloths for my remaining 3 days.
The food was excellent with the exception of the last day - for the break at the meeting room, they put put scones, which were a strange dark brown color. I though they might have been cinnamon flavored or something.......turns out they were flavored alright, if "burnt" ifs a new flavor! I used the tongs and flipped a bunch of them over and they were actually were black on the bottom. This was the only offering for that break, so it was very disappointing.
Also, the afternoon snacks they put out need to be checked. The pretzels had expired over 2 months ago ....I pointed this out to one of the attendants and, to her credit, she promptly began sorting through the bags.
There is a wonderful pool complete with water slides, which my colleagues took advantage of after our meetings were over. There is also a golf course and spa, but none of us were able to take advantage of these.
There is no airport shuttle, which surprised me a bit for a property of this size. I'd suggest you Uber it to Georbe Bush (IAH) as a taxi will run you about $70...Uber was under $30.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 28,000 acres of forest north of Houston, the newly renovated Woodlands Resort is a destination of fun and relaxation. Just steps from 406 deluxe guest rooms are two championship golf courses and the Forest Oasis water park with 1,000 foot lazy river. Guests enjoy seasonal poolside dining, dive-in movies and family-friendly entertainment. Other resort amenities include a full-service spa and fitness facility, 190 miles of trails, and tennis courts. Explore the property's three restaurants or lounge, plus nearby shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Woodlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands Resort And Conference Center
- The Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands