All reviews room was clean desk clerk the breakfast area staff was very friendly one night stay waffles baylor recliner interstate university pet
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I might stay in the Super 8 again if I am passing through and just want a clean room and a cheaper place to stay.

The room was clean. I liked that it didn't have carpet.

I did not like the ash trays on the walls outside the hotel. It made the hotel seems cheap. You could smell the stench of cigarettes as you walked by them. Also, there were cigarette butts on the ground and in pots.

In the morning, people were standing outside in their pajamas smoking. Also, there was a man standing outside smoking without a shirt.

The ONLY positive thing about this hotel is that the room was maintained, very clean, and reasonable price.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Summersrainn68
super8waco1, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Waco University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, we will look into and see if we can move them elsewhere. We sure hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Came for concert and debates driving 2 hours back home when checking in. The lady at front counter was very rude, I told her I had booked over phone and price should have been cheaper and she says "well its not". She simply just asked for id and credit card and never looked at us or said hi.
The shower was very old and yellow. The fire sprinklers are brown and rusty. The shower curtain almost fell off the wall, when I closed it.

The room curtain is about to fall off the wall,with holes in it and blocks very little. The TV has horrible reception, almost like it has rabbit ears on it, the remote doesn't work either.

Breakfast had "cheese omelets" they were in a tortilla container that should've been frozen and thr a sign to microwave.YUCK They were also out of milk for cereal and then had toast. Free breakfast??? As the room was packed, the morning cleaning crew came in and got in front of guests to grab bananas, cereal, coffee and their own breakfast.

I would have rated a zero but the bed was fairly comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie B

Dear concert goer, I am sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant, I will be having a talk with front desk staff to address the problem along with maintenance.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

While it was not the most elaborate setting, the staff was exceptional, especially Adriana. We were treated like family, in a town we knew little about. Adriana started right off the bat with offerings of i.e., finding directions to locations we were seeking - even looking areas up on line for us. We had a delightful experience, enhanced by your gracious welcoming.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest Thank you for your great review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This is not a place that I would ever recommend. It's loud, with external doors, they show the front of the hotel like it's one with doors inside and hallways. The laminate floor had a spot near my bed with about a 1/2 inch gap to where I could see the concrete. The bed was the WORST bed I've ever slept on ever. You could actually hear the springs with every move you made. People staying there are loud, standing around chain smoking outside their rooms. And don't get me started on the "free breakfast"! Breakfast for some of us is more than a honey bun and Sunny D. As I mentioned in the opening, I will not ever recommend this place, nor will I ever stay here again. Super 8 Waco is a 1 star place, but the staff are the only thing that made me not put it as such.

Room tip: None!! Spend a little extra and stay elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank RkblyJamesM

Dear guest, you must have the wrong Super 8 there are two in Waco because we are an inside hotel and our beds are new plus we don't have honey buns or sunny D for breakfast, we have cheese omelette, hot & cold cereal, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, and more. We hope you we give us a try instead of the other one. We are listed as Super 8 University

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Pluses:
Good location
Single pet fee of $20 for two small dogs
Decent-sized patch of grass for dogs
Very friendly and helpful staff
Very budget price

Minuses:
Shower water was tepid in our room (sink had hot water)
Mini fridge didn’t have a freezer section

If you are on a budget, I would recommend stay here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cluett

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try to make our guest feel at home when they are here with us. Hope to see you again soon.