“Clean and Quiet but a little confusing”

Courtyard by Marriott Waco
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Waco
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The girl at the front desk was bubbly and accommodating. However, her directions to the entrance we needed were a little confusing. We asked about a restaurant and she gave us some ideas but never mentioned the the hotel Bistro was still open.
Uor room was small, but met our needs for a 1 night stay. It as clean and quiet.

Room Tip: make sure directions are clear or you may have to drive around the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Char H,

Thanks for sharing the fabulous review of your stay at Courtyard Waco. We are pleased to know that you had a great stay at our hotel. But, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused and will take your feedback as a training tool to improve our service delivery. We appreciate your observation and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel definitely shows it age in the rooms. Carpets are not clean and there is no soundproofing whatsoever. People talking in the hall sound like they are in the room with you. There was an outdoor concert across the street and we might as well have been outside with them. Shower had an old plastic mat in the bottom and caulking was not clean. Very low ceiling in the bathroom. Lobby & common areas look updated but rooms need work. Beds seemed clean and okay but really can't recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2017

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review. We're sorry you were disturbed by noise from outside your room and that we fell short of your expectations with regard to the condition of your room. I have alerted our facilities staff to your concerns, and we will be more proactive with repairing and replacing items that have begun to wear. Thanks again for your candid feedback, as this helps us to improve the experience for all of our guests. We hope we have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Just read the most recent review and if I had read it before we booked this hotel I would have NOT booked here. The A/C is out in the hallway. There are no fans in the hall trying to cool it down. It is like a sauna when you open the door to your room. We just left a Courtyard Marriott and stayed 3 days (that hotel was fabulous, the best one I've ever stayed in). The hotel is old but clean and newly renovated from the looks of it. It is close to MaGnOLia and the Silos.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Monnie2012
00gc, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Monnie2012,

Thank you for being our guest at Courtyard Waco. Although you were impressed with our convenient location, I would like to offer my apologies for not living up to your expectations and regret the inconvenience caused. We will be reviewing our guidelines to provide a better experience for every guest entering our doors. Please give us another opportunity to make a better impression on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

As others have really pointed out, this is an older property and shows it's age in a number of ways. I brought my wife to Waco for her bday, to visit the Silos and see Waco. Unfortunately our Courtyard stay was the lone negative. The AC was out of service in the 3rd floor hallway and with outdoor temps over 90 it was steamy inside. The 3rd floor I've machine was also out of service. The front desk was already aware of the problems but noted that they didn't know for sure when repaired would commence. Huh? $200 per night and we can't get an AC repair person out? Shame on you Marriott. Another point of contention was the full buffet that didn't exist. The Courtyard website promises eggs cooked to order and a full buffet. Instead there's a Starbucks "bistro" and you receive an allocation of $ per person to get coffee and food. It would be helpful to know this in advance as neither my wife not I care for Starbucks coffee and essentially lost out on the breakfast we paid extra for. Most places near this hotel provide free breakfast - come in, Marriott!

The room itself was nice with a comfortable bed but faceD the windows and not the TV. Why? The bathroom was very dated and small. The sink area had a tiny counter that made my wife and I have to keep toiletries in our suitcases. Will be back to Waco buy not to this property.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank P C
00gc, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear P C,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. Please accept our apologies for not providing the outstanding accommodations and service you have come to expect from our brand. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve the experience for future guests. We apologize for failing to meet your expectations and hope you will give us another chance to welcome you on a future visit.
Best Regards, Jody F. General Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I had a one night stay for business in the area and went with this Marriott property. It is very, very convenient to the conventions center (across the street). There are several food options close-by (a couple within walking distance) and many more a short ride back towards the highway.

The property itself has gone through a partial "new Courtyard" renovation. The carpet & wall paint and in-room seating was replaced. That is about where it ended though, the credenza/desk unit was not upgraded and it showed. The cabinet door to the refrigerator was hanging crooked, showing its age and use. My room also showed the age in the bath vanity area and bathroom area too. These are minor and did not affect my stay or comfort in the room, they were just noticeable items.

Here are the 2 items that I had an issue with: the missing ironing board and the condition of the seating in the Bistro. My room was missing and I had to call the desk twice to get one. Irritating not end of the world. The second is a little more egregious to me, the condition of the banquet seating in the Bistro. Clearly money was spent to upgrade & freshen up the property, but they stopped too short. I went down for a drink and a snack and sat in one of the 2 booths. I didn't notice at first, but, after sitting there a while, I started noticing the stains. Then more stains and more stains. I started to feel dirty and like I was sitting in dirt. I said something to the young lady working the Bistro and moved to some clean vinyl seating at a table. I will post pictures with this review.

The best, and I mean the best, part of this stay was the shower. The shower had excellent water pressure and maintained the pressure and temp throughout my shower. It is an excellent shower and worked perfectly.

Note to Gold & Platinum guests, they do not offer a check-in gift. Or at least I wasn't.

If you need the convention center or won't need a booth to eat there, then this will be a 4-star stay for you. Otherwise, I rated it a 3 for the issues I experienced.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Waco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear QuahogRob,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am happy knowing your overall stay was satisfactory. I am glad that you liked our close proximity to the convention center and also that you enjoyed the shower in your bathroom. I do apologize for the issues you mentioned. Your comments will help us as we strive to make an excellent impression on our guests. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience on your next trip to our area.
Best Regards, Jody F., General Manager