See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We made a last minute decision to stay the night in Waco instead of driving back to Houston, and this was literally the only hotel available for the night. It's fine for what we needed it to be -- we didn't spend any extra time in the room, just slept and showered. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. My only *real* complaint is that I was woken up a couple of times in the middle of the night when a car was pulling into the parking lot, because their lights shown in our room.

Would I stay here again? Probably if it was again the last room available in Waco, but it wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Arielle A
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We've never stayed in a Knights Inn before, always assumed they would be unacceptable and avoided them. But was forced to due to an event having everything booked unless we were willing to pay extortionist rates.

It was surprisingly clean and well maintained. Though it was slightly dated, it seemed recently refurbished. And of the 4 other hotels we stayed on our trip, all mid-to-up scale, it was the only one with a large, new HD TV with actual HD service. Most hotels don't do that.

The rooms are exterior access, and not large. A bit sparse but adequate. No radio-clock. The owner/manager was very friendly, helpful, and very accommodating of a special request we had. The WIFI was a little slow but usable.

Unfortunately, there was one downside. The mattress was the hardest we've ever slept on, by far. We're seniors, have traveled all over this great land and foreign... it doesn't get harder than this, folks. Believe me. Except for that, we would have considered the room rate outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank xplorers2
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We came to Texas to visit the Silos at Magnolia. This hotel was very affordable and clean, most important was the cleanliness. We had a mini fridge and microwave. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. It was easy to get to and the bed comfortable.

Room Tip: I was surprised how quiet the rooms were considering it was an older motel.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank reneem196
Reviewed 29 June 2016

The reviews I read were pretty good, so my expectations were a little higher than they should have been. I would term this a real mediocre stay. Clean enough, safe enough, maintained enough to get by. Doubt that I stay here again just because I do like a little more updated accomodations, but it wasn't horrible like one review I just saw.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 2 June 2016

The only negative about our stay was that there was a $10 pet fee posted on a big sign on the check-in desk. However, nothing about this fee was mentioned on the website. I told the receptionist this and she was adamant that it was very clearly shown on the website. I looked again and saw nothing. She was pretty rude about it, stating that if I didn't want to pay it, then go somewhere else. It wouldn't have been a problem for me if she had just been nice about it. Everything else about the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple