“Good Food, Good Service”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my first visit and I was impressed.
We were seated quickly, and attended to quickly by a friendly and helpful server.
The choice of food from the menu was good.
Food was good.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I decided to have lunch here and was totally disappointed. We were seated and ignored for about 15 minutes. When the waiter finally appeared we placed our order, mine chicken fried steak, my wife had chicken crispers. It took almost twenty-five minutes for our food to arrive. Both orders had a potato side and a corn on the cob. As soon as both of us put the corn to our mouths we realized it was refrigerator cold! Not warm, not room temperature, but cold as in right out of the refrigerator. cold, obviously accidentally served. After several minutes had passed I saw our waiter from a distance, got his attention and told him the corn on the cob was too cold to enjoy. He apologized and said he would speak to his boss. After we finished our meal we waited about ten minutes for our check. He told us he had arranged for a comp since our food was cold. I liked at the bill and saw that the whopping sum of $2.17 had been deducted from our bill! I would not recommend this place to anyone, ever.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We (my husband and I) stopped at Chili's for lunch this past week. I ordered the regular nachos appetizer, and he ordered the bacon burger. Our waitress, Maria, was right there with our drinks and brought out our order in a timely fashion. Both our dishes were quite nice, and Maria checked to see if they were satisfactory.
Chili's is not a fine dining establishment, but for lunch or dinner, it suffices.
Their menu resembles a slightly condensed version of War and Peace--it could easily be shortened. One restaurant shouldn't try to be everything to everyone. I watched a couple at an adjacent table go through the extensive menu twice. They looked confused and a little lost among all the offerings.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Walked in on a Saturday night. Manager just shooting the breeze with the bartender and let us stand there a few minutes before coming over and asking us if we've been helped. Uh, no. You just sat there looking at us while you were talking to your friend. A lot of unbussed tables all around the restaurant. Service was ok once the waiter showed up. Food did not take too long to show up, either. Food was decent. No issues with the food or waiter, but the tables stayed unbussed around us throughout most of our meal while workers goofed off. This place is not well managed.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Just dined at Chili’s in Waco. Started by ordering a pina colada, took 10min to get it, and when it came the waitress put an orange slice in it and told me it would make it taste better. Is it that awful that you have to start dumping random fruit in it to make it taste better. It was the worst pina colada I have ever had, as if the unqualified bartender (who can’t even open a beer without ruining it) had mixed a capri sun with rum and what ever else from his repertoire of gag me!
Well one bad dream gone, only to make way for the mecha of all nightmares. I ordered the trio fajitas and my girlfriend ordered the avocado burger. The lettuce and tomatoes were very soggy and not fresh the chicken, shrimp, and steak were cooked to the perfect consistency of good-year all terrine. The avocado on the burger was brown and rotten the waitress saw it and quickly took it back. The Chef came out and was very polite and cordial, our bill was taken care of even though I insisted on paying. A nice tip was left for the waitress who was more than helpful.
However! If there was one thing worse than the food it would be the cleanliness of the restaurant. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone, at least not until they start stepping it up.

CT Chef

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!