Open today: 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Groovy girls

Intriguing and excellently planned out. I recommend offering “levels of difficulty,” as we were... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
annemaries434
Great for Groups

I brought a group of middle schoolers here from the church I work with, and they were very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
carriepTX671

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Waco
from US$40.00
from US$64.00
from US$79.00
from US$70.00
More Info
All reviews code breaker a lot of fun great fun fun experience an absolute blast clues challenging brain play activity mom
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2021

This was our first time at an escape room. They weren’t real warm or welcoming. The guys working there were young and didn’t seem to care. The overall feel walking into the front lobby was creepy. Bad vibe. Before we got started, they asked if we needed to use the restrooms. When we went to the very back to use the restrooms, there were several spray paint cans by the back door steps all over the floor with the tops off. I can’t prove there was anything going on, but it appeared to be used for huffing. I didn’t see any craft projects going on. So we went back to the front and waited for the guy to come get us. We were the only ones out in the front lobby waiting. After we were done with the escape room, another guy took us out to the front to take our picture. We asked if we could take our own pics and he said I’ll email you the one we take. He snapped it extremely quick and walked to the front door without saying a word. He opened it to usher us out without saying anything then. No thank you for coming. No have a good day. Nothing. 0 customer service. Acted as if we were an inconvenience. I didn’t appreciate that and was uncomfortable the entire time. Would not recommend. Hope they learn how to interact with their paying customers in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

This was our first ever escape room adventure. Apparently, we choose the most difficult room without knowing it. However, during the hour of trying to escape, it was very frustrating because we had a hard time getting our minds in the right mindset and my husband and I are very competitive We went in blindly and once clues were given we felt stupid because it all made sense. It wasn’t until the next day that we decided it was really fun and we should book a different one to redeem ourselves! The staff was very friendly.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 5 May 2021

We have come to Escape Waco when it was on Lake Air three times before and had a great experiance all three of those times. This time, however, I felt the staff was not helpful or friendly at all and seemed like having customers was an annoyance to them.
Also, they have become very strange about taking pictures.
I booked the Waco room for my daughter's birthday. My two daughters and four other girls went in together. Since I my husband and I were not doing the escape room, we were not allowed inside, which was fine. Since I had been there before, so i knew that at the end their would be an opportunity for a picture. I called and asked if I could come in just to take the picture of the girls holding their signs at the end. This would be the only picture I would have from her birthday activity. I was told I could come in after the group that was in the waiting room was lead back to their room. When, I was finaly let in to the lobby, I asked where I needed to go to take the picture. They said, I couldn't. I had to wait in the waiting room. I was very confused. The kids then came out of the back and my oldest daughter, who was just there to supervise the kids said they had taken a picture in the back but she was not even allowed to take a picture with her cellphone. I didn't understand why they wouldn't let her becasue we had done so in the past. When I asked about this, the employee stated that because of Covid policies had changed. If that was the case, I can see why they didn't let me go back and take a picture but my daughter was already back there with them and did the escape room with all the girls and they would not let her take a picture. I don't see how Covid could have anything to do with my daughter snapping a picture with her cell phone. Afterward, they emailed me the picture, but I was unable to save it to my phone. This is a small thing, but on top of how they were just short with us and very unwelcoming, It really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think we will go back.

1  Thank amandawhitley2021
Reviewed 28 April 2021

I’ve participated in escape rooms in 5 states, all varying immersion levels. My friend and our teen daughters did the jail house room. The elements were pretty good. The set up by staff was nonexistent. Where’s the storyline? The walls of the room do not meet at the ceiling; therefore, you can hear everything going on outside the room. Ie. other groups coming and going. We couldn’t hear each other talk at one point. So, for this room, expect a nonimmersive experience. 2 suggestions: A flashlight and notepad would have been useful.
Our game master was great! Very responsive and gave us just the clues we needed.
The games end: TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! The worker who took us to the room to begin the game also came to let us know our time was up. We were on the last clue. He. Didn’t. Care. I’ve never been on the last clue and the host not either allow us to finish or walk us through it. Every other escape room except 1 I’ve participated in has asked if we want to be walked through the other clues or come back. Nope. This guy was not engaging or friendly. His attitude was, “ok. Go get a sign and take a picture.” I’m not sure if he asked us our experience, but I’m certain I didn’t get a vibe that he cared. There’s more about him in a minute.
I asked a question about a clue we couldn’t figure out that the game master helped us with. He explained it. When I went to look at the clue to understand he acted annoyed. Worst escape room customer service I’ve ever experienced.
So we went to get our signs and another employee came out of what appeared to be the game master room. He asked how our experience was and sounded genuinely interested. We made our suggestions to him about a notepad and flashlight. He seemed to care. We call that responsiveness, engagement, customer service.
Next, we go to take our photo in the lobby. Original guy is taking the pic. Ok. We pull our masks down to smile. He stops and tells us we must pull our masks up. So, we do. My friend pulls it under her nose. He stops and tells her, “you have to have it fully covering you nose.” REALY?!!? This is too much. I don’t care what your thoughts are on wearing masks or not. This kid is probably 16 and talking to a grown woman in her 40’s like this. He didn’t say, “I’m sorry ma’am, our policy is...” He was super arrogant, not concerned about our health. I’ve NEVER written a negative review. Train your staff or people will not come back.

1  Thank Vramseyphd
Reviewed 20 April 2021

Nice scales room. We tried out jailhouse. Was perfect for first time couple to give a escape room a shot. I’ve been to a couple different places before-and this one is pretty good.