“A must stop”

Slovacek's
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in West
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is awesome! Free coffee for veterans and active military. Kissing Pig restaurant has a fully loaded baked potato that is excellent. Their beer selection is outstanding. Kolaches, baked goods, frozen yogurt, fudge. Great gift selection. Meat market. Something for everyone!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The kolaches were pretty good and the gift shop with souvenirs was really nice. Wish we didn’t have so far to travel or we would have gotten some of the meat market items that looked really good. This was a nice new looking place and really clean. Wish I would have had my dog along, they had a really nice dog park as well!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I always stop here when traveling to and from San Antonio! The restrooms are clean, the food delicious, and the shopping fun.

Today was disappointing. The bakery line was slightly busy, but my order was taken quickly. The attendant who took my order was less than friendly. I told them ahead of time that I was ordering nine items, and the attendant was clearly irritated that it wasn’t an even dozen. They pressured me several times to sell me additional items, and I was uncomfortable. I politely stated that I just wanted the nine. When I got home six hours later, I opened the box to discover that they forgot to put my whoopie pie in the box even though I paid for the item. I find it ironic that the attendant pushed so hard for me to purchase twelve items, but they failed to fill up the box. I am so disappointed that I have to wait six months for a whoopie pie.

This place normally gets five stars from me, but not today. I hope that the attendant who helped me has better days in the future!

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

A nice change from our usual Chech stop. This place is new and has nicer restrooms. There are lots of snack options.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I got the brisket plate with loaded baked potato as a side. The meat was good and tender with warm barbecue sauce.. But the star of the show was the loaded baked potatoes side. A blend of potato sour cream cheese chives and bacon made this more than a tree. This is worth driving to more than anything there!

Been to Slovacek's? Share your experiences!