“Tasty food makes this worth a little extra time when driving”
Review of El Chico - CLOSED

El Chico
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We stopped here because it was right off the highway, but we really enjoyed the service and food. Our waitress was very perky and pleasant. The food was quite tasty. I had the fajitas, and instead of just a grilled meat flavor, I could taste lime and cilantro. The service was pretty fast. It was just a nicer way to have a meal while on the road than fast food.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

My husband and I were spending the night at the Comfort Inn in Wichita Falls, stopping there on our way to Colorado. Hungry for Mexican food, I was delighted to find out that this restaurant was within walking distance from our hotel. Walk across the street to the Whataburger, then walk to the right in front of another motel....this restaurant is just past it, facing the service road. "Martin" was our waiter and he was very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed the frozen margaritas and the good salsa and chips. The queso was excellent. "Martin" kept the chips coming. For our main course, we ordered the Mixed Grill to share: fajitas with chicken, steak and shrimp. The meal came with delicious, spicy beans and also rice. We were full and satisfied for less than $30. If ever in Wichita Falls again, we would definitely eat here again. I would stay again at that Comfort Inn too.

1  Thank TexasNana57
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

The Mexican food here is unique and excellent, service friendly and fast. The margaritas were delicious. I would recommend to any Mexican food lover.

1  Thank russmarko
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

Great place but it could be better. Out burrito bowls were on the cool side, our waitress looked like she ran a meth lab on the side.

Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Very friendly and good food my favorite thing is a top shelf quesadillas

They very good and cheap
And you can get the way you too

1  Thank Tony S