After a long day riding my motorcycle from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and visiting Monument Valley, Gooseneck State Park, Natural Bridges and mastering the Moki Dugout, I was just ready for any place to rest.
What I did not expect was such a lovingly run place in the middle of nowhere. Check in was super fast and friendly. I got a ground floor room with an asphalt parking space right in front of the door. Great for motorcycles and not a given in a region where many parking spaces are just gravel. The room was clean, relatively spacious and lovingly decorated. Coffee maker, fridge, microwave and free WiFi. There was even a piece of candy on the pillows.
A basket with continental breakfast (granola bars, English muffins, fruit) was waiting on the fridge. Perfect for an early start.
All in all a great place to spend the night for then weary traveler. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hanksville motel gives you a great central location in the grand circle of southern Utah's national parks; this is why Whispering Sands Motel is premium Hanksville lodging. Enjoy the Satellite TV, wireless internet, air conditioning, and clean/comfy rooms that do include Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Whispering Sands Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Sands Hotel Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Hanksville