“Dinner which was good is now perfect”
Review of Mirror Lake Diner

Mirror Lake Diner
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Kamas
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: "Simple food done right" is our motto and Chef/Owner, Gabriel stands behind each dish that is served. Want a great Ruben, an awesome omelet, tasty sweet potato fries? Then we're the place for you! We also offer a quinoa salad, homemade soups and hand cut fries - there's something for everyone - we even serve beer and wine. We're here to serve 7 days a week!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I used to come in here a few years ago, and I used to get the Reuben every time. It was a delicious sandwich that represented everything a Reuben should be. I have been out of town with a new job and came back recently....holy cow. I stopped in for dinner and got the flat iron steak lyonnaise. I'm sure at some point in the 47 years of my life I have eaten a better steak...I just can't seem to remember when, and for less than 50$ absolutely not. At 18.50$ this is the deal of your life. I lived in Lyon France for 2 years and this lyonnaise sauce is perfect. The au gratin potatoes that came accompanied it...the best I've eaten in my life. Period. The sugar snap peas have some kind of magic on them as well. Probably the most satisfied I have ever been after a meal. The service was excellent. Jessica was friendly and had a bubbly personality. The chef Chris stopped by the table as did the owner and other chef gabe. Both of them are genuine and love food. Seeing Chris's passion in how he talked about his French recipes was awesome and he gave me the recipe itself for his lyonnaise sauce!!! 10/10

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing place. The staff is super nice and treat you like friends. Come eat there twice and they’ll know your order! It’s so fun to see the whole town come to breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning. Everybody knows each other and the delicious smell of their home made food sets a perfect scenery of coziness in a small town diner.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Hands down, Absolute best place in Kamas to eat! Food prepared here so much better then any other restaurant in town. The amount of time it takes to place your order and receive your food is better then about any restaurant I have had lately. Me and my son are always eating out and looking for a new place to call our favorite and this by far should be awarded, BEST OF STATE for small diners, besides easily being the best in the little town of Kamas and surrounding areas!

What is ridiculous about the other restaurants in town is that the owners know everyone in Kamas, so the other restaurants incorrectly assume that they don't have to be on top of their game, which makes eating at their establishments a chore, rather then a delight. The other restaurants in this semi-small town, take their time and alot of it, from seating, to taking your order, then an hour to deliver your food! And then to top it all off at almost every other restaurant in town, the food just sucks and it would be a better experience to have stayed home and prepared your own. Besides that the other restaurants are not attentive and never refill beverages! Other establishments in this small town, just do not know how to earn a tip! Well, Not here! This place sat us, took our order within 5 minutes, food was prepared within 15 and it was the BEST, EASILY the best we have ever seen around this valley! The waitress, Shay, alert and friendly, very good and on top of her game, she made sure she refilled our glasses on time, she made sure we were comfortable and enjoying our food, so of course she earned a 30% tip! We will return and we WILL recommend!

Gabriel M, Owner at Mirror Lake Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the review! It is wonderful to hear that your experience was not only great, but the BEST! We pride ourselves on our service and making sure that every customer leaves full and happy. Thanks for not only trying us out, but for sharing your experience with others - that's the best advertising and compliment we could get!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed their friendly and welcoming atmosphere! Staff was very friendly and food and coffee were very tasty. We had their eggs, biscuits and gravy plate as well as a ham omelet. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Portions are a good size and may even recommend sharing... depending on your appetite.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. So glad you loved the coffee, it's very important to us to have great coffee and we buy it from a local roaster! Thanks again and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This is an amazing place. Great for lunch or breakfast. Also an incredible dinner for the two nights they are open for dinner. R Prime rib was a huge portion for a great price!!! Also try Boothe their fries and their sweet potato fries.

Thanks so much for posting your review! Hope to see you again soon!