US$144
Aikens Lodge(Kanab)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$169
US$164
US$127
US$121
All reviewshomemade muffinsthe managersbit outdatedgreat managementmom and popseen better dayswi fieach morningmini fridgechain hotelsmotelcassiepbneoncereal
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We took a room here when a change of plans brought us through Kanab at last minute. There was nothing else available in town so we took the room despite the high price. The room transported us back to about 1940, and the mattress probably actually was that old. Free breakfast was pathetic. Don't stay unless your only option is to sleep in your car.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F
DonandCassi M, Manager at Sun-n-Sand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

I will say the same thing that I said on booking.com to you. I would think of it this way, if you would have planned ahead you might not of got the last room in town. The smart people had a nice room. As far as the breakfast goes, pathetic is a harsh word. The fact that most people say great things about my breakfast says a lot about you, now don't it? I guess I could have made you a full breakfast and bring it to your room.I think that your just mad at yourself for not planning ahead and need to take it out on someone! Now try and h ave a great day, Don

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We booked this hotel for 2 nights and yes it needs some work but its clean good size fridge the best bed we have had in 7 weeks in the USA . Anyone who lives in hot desert area knows that evaporative air is the best and a ceiling fan also is a bonus. The breakfast was better than most chain motels cereal toast coffee OJ muffins jams peanut butter and a great place to talk to other guests and learn bout the world . The big selling point for us was the use of a bbq to cook our dinner and their are shops within 200 meters ,and don will help with salt pepper etc and cooking utensils. All in all we really enjoyed our 2 nights thanks Don from Stuart and Sue

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Highly misrepresented. We arrived late or would have changed motels. First, the bathroom window was missing. Yes, literally, no window. There was a sunscreen mesh thing nailed to a frame shoved in the hole but could have been easily pried out. There was a mini blind but left us feeling vulnerable with no privacy. The bed area had a window that didn't close all the way. We actually barricaded the bathroom door (just in case). After a temperature over 100 degrees that day, there was no A/C and the room was stuffy. The shower head came out of the wall about chin high, and neither the TV or frig worked like they should so we didn't get to use either. At check-in, he said in response to the bad reviews online that he would fix anything wrong if people just made him aware of it. In this case, he knew the condition that room was in and he told us it was his last room. The really POOR decision on his part was to overcharge us. We reserved a one queen bed room one day in advance but at check-in he says, "even though you asked for a one queen I got you in a two queen" like he was doing us a favor but then charged us the higher rate. They advertised a breakfast but we can't rate it because we left as soon as we could and never went to breakfast. Seriously, go somewhere else if you want to get what you pay for and a good nights rest, worry free. We have no reason to review this in any way other than what we experienced. We thought the online reviews sounded "vintage, quaint" but it was old, dirty, unsafe and then we were deliberately overcharged.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank trombley2016
DonandCassi M, Manager at Sun-n-Sand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

I'm sorry you feel this way. I will have to say that when you came in my office late that night and told me that you had a reservation with us, I told you that you did not (you never gave me a C/C number to hold the room) and that I still could accommodate you seeing that the town was full and there was not a room for 100 miles. I told you that the only room I had left was clean but that it was in the process of getting fix back up from a previous renter (so I was not going to rent it out that night)! You had no problem with that at the time but now I see you did have a problem with it! As far as the TV and Refrigerate It would have worked if you plugged them in! I do not feel that I overcharged you seeing that I gave it to you for a queen price which is a lot cheaper that a Double Queen price! I would also like to say that there is a 8 foot wall that runs along the back of the motel that is locked and has no access to anyone but me! There is A/C in the room and it works just fine! All in all the only " POOR" decision I feel I made that night is to rent that room out to try and help someone that needed a room! Very sorry you had a bad stay with us but remember that there is always two sides to every story, Don

Reviewed 17 August 2016

For some reason motel prices in Kanab are expensive. This motel is certainly one of the less expensive in town but is still way more expensive than comparable motels that we have stayed at in small country towns in the South West. The motel is very dated. The rooms are small and so are the bathrooms. On the positive side, the managers are very friendly and helpful and the standard of the housekeeping very good considering what they have to work with.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. We are always working on the little Mom and Pop motel and trying to make it comfortable for are guests, Thanks, Don

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

First, very nice family owned hosts.

This motel is very basic.
If you want to experience true western laid back, no frills motel, come here.

The style is perhaps from 70s.
Evaporative coolers, no air conditioning.
But they do have a ceiling fan which helps.

Bathroom was nostalgically cute. Pink tiles on the wall.
No fan, they have a window with stick to hold it up.
Brought back memories of my childhood. I had to smile.

Bed, super soft. Kids will love to jump on it.

I didn't stay for breakfast, although I was sure curious how they were going to pull that off.

There is no breakfast area. There was a small table with a toaster on it. One coffee pot. And they were offering a homemade muffin made across the street.

The guy checking us in was so nice and proud of the place, that despite the simplicity of the place, it was a unique experience.

The location is ok and safe.
Take a walk around the main street. They filmed lots of westerns here, and there are plaques along the street that describes the celebrities and movies filmed there. That was interesting.

I only went to the McDonald's down the street which was pretty dirty. Spend the money and go to the other restaurants.

So, if you want a holiday inn experience go there instead.
But if you want a more "western" experience, give it a shot.

Also, the owners appeared very friendly. If you need company, I am sure they would love to sit outside with you and talk the night away.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blanca Z

Thanks for the review and for staying with us. It's one of the last Mom and Pop motels left in Kanab UT. Thanks again, Don