Review Highlights
Hiked the Wave

LOVED our hike with Andrea! After several unsuccessful attempts to obtain permits, both on-line... read more

Reviewed yesterday
emjsutton
Peekaboo Canyon

Coco was our guide through Canyon and outback. She was a lot of fun and was very courteous and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
GaryStoddard
Porterville, California
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Kanab
from US$128.00
from US$128.21
from US$76.93
from US$128.00
1,658 results
All reviews mystical slot canyon white pocket south coyote buttes white wave overnight tour deep sand combo tour dream tour dinosaur tracks grand canyon great tour great driver great lunch rock formations sandy roads sunset tour vermillion cliffs
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dreamland Safari Tours was AMAZING. They worked with us to get the right tour for our visit. We did the Conditional tour hoping to get access to THE WAVE. They even went to the Kanab BLM office on our behalf to try and secure a permit. We weren't lucky enough to get one, but we did our conditional tour to White Pocket. We were assigned to guide Maddi N. and she was amazing. She knew a lot about the area and was patient with our group (My wife and I were paired up with 3 other travelers). She definitely knew how to drive Dreamland's 4WD vehicle.

White Pocket is an amazing area to visit, my only complaint is that it's about a 3 hour trip from Kanab to White Pocket, but it was definitely worth the trip.

I would highly recommend using Dreamland Safari Tours for a guided trip to the area. Besides providing an excellent knowledgeable guide like Maddi, they also included lunch and snacks.

Date of experience: January 2021
Christiane8888, Public Relations Manager at Dreamland Safari Tours, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Sherwin,

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation. It's our pleasure to help our guests with their permits, even if it does not work out for the day of your tour with us. And we are happy to hear that White Pocket was a great alternative for you. We appreciate your kind words about Maddi, she is a valuable team member with a great passion for the desert.

And I do have to smile about your comment about the length of the drive. Yes, this is the Southwest and the roads are long. I have been in Utah for almost 30 years, and it still gets me here and there. :)

Happy travels to you, and hopefully we see you again in Kanab,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I used the services of Dreamland Safari Tours for our trip to Coyote Buttes South and White Pocket Trailhea. Shawn and Alex did an excellent job of taking us around this spectacular place. Both were very knowledgeable about the location and we felt very safe going along with them to a remote location like this. Paul (Owner) is a great guy and he goes above-and-beyond to help his customers.

Watch out guys, I am coming back in April 2021, to visit Coyote Buttes North (The Wave)

Date of experience: December 2020

Hi and good day to you. Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We appreciate your kind words about Paul as well as your guides Shawn and Alex. We are very lucky to have such an awesome team.

Do you already have your permit for the Wave? That's so exciting. Make sure to contact us, we'd love to see you here again. And the weather should be perfect for the hike.

Happy travels to you, and until soon again,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rated them "only" five "stars" because more weren't available! I highly recommend Dreamland Safari Tours when visiting the Kanab area. We were four photographers that hoped to "win" the lottery for The Wave. Dreamland represented us at the BLM lottery while we were en route to Kanab. Paul was extremely wonderful to work with, keeping us well informed throughout the entire process. We ended up "winning" four of the 20 BLM slots to South Coyote Buttes (instead of The Wave) and had Shawn as our guide. We couldn't have been more comfortable, and completely trusted Shawn's driving and leading/hiking ability. (At South Coyote Buttes we really needed a high profile 4 wheel drive vehicle and some one who knew all the best places to hike. Dreamland provided that for us, in spades.) For the same reasons, we hired Shawn again the next day for a tour of White Pocket. He really knew his way around both locations and can speak to the geology of the region too. He understood the importance of light to photographers, and got us to all the wonderful places at just the right times. Highly, highly recommend Dreamland Safari Tours to maximize your experience at these two locations, rather than trying any of this on your own. A real pleasure to work with and lunches were delicious too!

Date of experience: January 2021

I have to smile as I see your comment about wanting to give Dreamland a higher rating than 5 stars. That just makes our hearts sing, you know. Thank you for your kind words about Paul for his help in getting everything organized and Shawn for his unique guiding style. He loved his time with you all, as he called you "The Ladies". We hope the pictures you took came out fantastic. If you are on facebook we would love to share your album with our fans. Just send us a message to our facebook page and we would love to highlight your group.

All the best wishes to you for future adventures, and if your journey leads you to Kanab this year make sure to check in with us because we have some special tours and events scheduled for our 20th anniversary this year.

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had an amazing experience visiting the Slot Canyons and the White wave with our tour guides Natalie and Bret. I had a fear of heights at the white wave (not that it was very high in altitude but it was super windy and I am not used to such a steep terrain). Natalie held my hand and helped me walk throughout the tour. It was super nice of her and very comforting to me that she took the extra care to help me out. I was very touched by her kindness and thoroughly enjoyed my tour. The timing, the vehicle and the entire tour plan was really good. We took our own time exploring and there was no rush. Bret was very entertaining, very patient and very knowledgeable.
I highly recommend Dreamland Safari Tours if you want to explore Kanab and the area. I am 100% satisfied with the service and wouldn't think twice before recommending them to anyone! Kudos to the team! :)

Date of experience: January 2021
Fearless45492879574, Front Office Manager at Dreamland Safari Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you so much for the recommendation and the lovely review. We are so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed you tour you felt safe and cared for.

Dreamland will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this year and would love to welcome you back for some special tours we are planning. Please reach out in you are headed back this way.

Brenda @ Dreamland Safari

Reviewed 23 January 2021

I have travelled to this area a handful of times before but this is the first trip that we used a guiding service and I am so pleased that I did. When travelling abroad I generally enlist a guide to get the most out of my time and decided to invoke that same method for this visit to Kanab. I spent two days with Andrea and vastly improved my knowledge about the geology, history and landmarks of this geographical area. In addition, having a guide really enhanced the overall experience.

In the couple of days since I have been back numerous people have asked, "Could you do it on your own?" With legit 4 x 4, perfect weather, wayfinding skills and some luck - sure. But, this is why you should get a guide:

-Driving- The weather was pristine and it was still no joke. Ask yourself if you have the tools and skills to change a tire, patch a tire, navigate unmarked dirt roads and tow a car without internet or telephone if necessary. The answer should be yes to all of the above and that is just to get to the trailhead. You will also need a legit 4 x 4 vehicle equipped to off road which can be pricey to rent if you are flying in.

-Knowledge and Expertise- There is so much out there to explore and having a guide allows you to comfortably enjoy this vast wilderness with an expert handling the navigation for you. They are also on hand to answer questions and provide knowledge along the way. I would not have travelled off major trails had I been hiking in Paria Canyon unsupported.

-In case of...- I was on this hiking trip with my husband and our two children were home. Having Andrea with us who is not only an experienced guide but a Wilderness First Aider and Wilderness First Responded offered us that extra peace of mind that we were adventuring as responsibly as possible.

We opted for the Amazing Sandstone Teepee hike and it was one of the best that I have ever experienced. Without Dreamland I would have never ventured off the beaten path to explore this incredible area. I have hiked a number of well known trails (Half Dome, Highline, Teton Crest) and what really sets this one apart is that you have it all to yourself. Once we were out of Wire Pass it was just us. If you value views and solitude I highly recommend this hike with Dreamland.

1  Thank Eurotripper

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Teepee tour with Andrea, she really is a gem!

Brenda @ Dreamland