“Best BBQ I have ever eaten.”
Review of Calvin T's Smoking Gun BBQ - CLOSED

Calvin T's Smoking Gun BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My son and I stayed in Kanab on a trip to Moab and Grand canyon. It was better than any BBQ I have been to in Texas. We will be flying down from Idaho in August and will make this a biannual trip just for the hospitality and great food.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

I had a very nice serving of baby ribs. Their selection og BBQ sauces is nice. Live music was provided by Mike.
Very nice. Nice atmosphere. Would like to eat there again.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

This is an amusing little barbecue joint across the street from the Parry lodge and is owned by the new owner of the Parry lodge. The food selection is quite limited, serving pulled pork and turkey with side dishes such as cole slaw and potato salad. The pulled pork is actually quite good as is the potato salad. There is country music sung by a man who is quite talented at lip syncing. The beer is quite pricey and the performer has a tip jar. All in all if pulled pork is what you want and you don't drink beer you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Pleasant fake old west setting with glassfiber horses and an old pioneer cart.
Long waiting line to order and be served by a single man that takes out the BBQ cold meat from a locker and unwrap it before cutting large lumps. Meat tastes as boiled, not BBQed.
Some sides and bread not available at our arrival.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Definitely a tourist trap but there's not too many places to choose from in kanab. Has the potential to be slammed by tour buses but when we were there on a Saturday night it was fine. Great place to have a beer, listen to live country music and relax. I didn't try the food, because I'm a BBQ snob.