“Not a lot of bang for the buck”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #25 of 187 Restaurants in Layton
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Nice enough place, fast service, food was good. That being said, I ordered a full rack of baby back ribs and got seven. My wife ordered half a rack and she got five ribs. These ribs were medium-small and not all that meaty. Straight up, calling seven ribs that were less than average sized a full rack and charging $20.99 is just plain unethical. Pigs have at least 15 ribs. Eliminate the small end ones and that should still leave at least 12. Outback must have served me seven and called it a full rack because they rounded up. I'll go to Texas Roadhouse next time where they give you at least 12 ribs and charge $4.00 less. A whole lot closer and Just as good as well. One positive note: When I expressed my displeasure, they did knock off 15% from my bill. The $6.00 credit almost made up the difference, but not quite. Next time I go to Outback, someone else will be paying.

1  Thank Johnson1040
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We feel terrible that we disappointed you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Layton, UT". We can then correspond directly over email.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I forgot how much I liked the food here! Recently returned looking for a change, the steak here is excellent and beats many of the other steak places close by!

1  Thank ChrisA_UT
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Outback restaurants are extremely overpriced to begin with, but then you have to buy your salad, potato soup etc. I ordered their chicken and it was a greasy small breast with a glop of cheddar cheese and two strips of bacon. It came with fries or you could upgrade to a baked potato. I chose the potato. Good choice as it was the best thing on the plate. If you want bread, that is extra. I'll go to Texas Roadhouse next time. As we left the 4 of us all said that we would not go to Outback again. If you order the onion blossom be prepared for a small one compared to the one at Texas Roadhouse.

1  Thank ldybg
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Layton, UT". We can then correspond directly over email.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We all know the food of an Outback Steakhouse. The steaks are okay, and the rest of the menu is hit and miss. What can make an Outback stand out is great service and things like TVs. The bar here was basically worthless. You can't really watch a game and the service was slow.

So the only real reason to go here is if you want a mediocre steak at a semi reasonable price. And frankly, even if that's what you want there are better places

1  Thank Matt H
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I never make it there for the Prim Rib, but that is my favorite. Bummed that they took away the "Aussie Style" Prime Rib! But everything there is delicious. I recommend splitting a meal, because they are big portions!

1  Thank Roxanna S