All reviews no frills stay there again comfy bed ac motel
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Our motel room at Canyonlands was clean, really comfortable and with the fan turned on, we could not hear the din of traffic outside. The housekeeper was really helpful and had great customer service. The staff/owner at the front desk, upon check-in, was friendly and welcoming. For the price of this room, and it's cleanliness, I give it a five-star. It is not fancy but it was quite worth the money. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Molly M
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

While the rooms are sparse (i.e. no TV, fridge, microwave, shampoo), Canyonlands Motel is, by far, the best value in the area. The owner is incredibly nice and accommodating and keeps the rooms very clean. We've stayed elsewhere and won't make that mistake again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed 4 October 2017

A clean room, a comfy bed and a shower + toilet : What else do you need after an exausting day walking round the canyons? TV? Not for us. Coffee machine? Would have been nice, but not essential. $50+ savings on the other motels in Mexican Hat? Yes, please!

The sign wasn't lit, but there were plenty of rooms left when we arrived at 6pm. The owner was helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank SimonX09
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We arrive in the area about 11 pm. One hotel said call blah blah blah. Um no. Next one didn't have any lights on, the third one did so we stayed. The owner was very nice gave us a room. As described by others, it's a very unassuming place but certainly fit the bill. If I were in the area again I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LoquaciousColorado
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I had contacted the hotel by phone in advance as there was no other way to book a room (though I later found out I didn't need to even make a reservation). The woman on the phone was very nice so figured I'd just book it as we were going to be passing through the area in the evening and the main fact is it was far cheaper than anything you could find online.

Summertime is a high season in the region for all the things you can see and do around there, so when I found this and the price, I had to grab it.

Got to the hotel and we ended up being the only people staying there that night. The same woman on the phone I had talked to was at the desk and she was just as friendly (she's the main reason I'm making this a 3 star).

Room is very small, nothing much in it except a bed, tiny desk and a AC swamp cooler thing that would draw in air from outside I assume. There was a smell to it, so it wasn't always the most pleasant aroma in the room. No soap in the bathroom and had to go back and ask the woman for it. Guess people like to take the liquid soap containers.

Room was clean though. Bathroom was basic as well and nothing much. Sleep was ok, there were only 2 pillows (and I need 2 for myself) so that was a bit of an issue for me. Plus the pillows they did have weren't very comfortable.

Outside the rooms though are 2 chairs and a table you can sit at. So they try to make it as nice as they can with what they have there.

Location is good for people that are wanting to see the local things like the Goosenecks, Monument Valley, and many other local areas.

Girlfriend though said we could have just stayed the night in the car though and would have preferred it actually. That was kind of my debate as I used to camp not far from here in BLM land for decades, but figured it would be nice to have a real bed. Next time though we probably will car camp if it's not in winter.

So yes it's a cheap option in the area, and from others it seems many people didn't realize how hard or expensive it is to get rooms around here (something I was way too familiar with), so it's very possible to get a room on the fly here...

Room tip: All rooms are the same facing the road
Date of stay: June 2017