“First time and loved it”

Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 149 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1300 East
Reviewed 24 January 2018

My friend and I went here after receiving a gift card from a client. The restaurant was clean and friendly. It was a friday night and was packed but we immediately were seated at the sushi bar. It was so fun watching the chefs make the sushi rolls and talking with them. The food was amazing and the service was too. We didnt wait long for anything and as soon as we had an empty plate it was taken. Definitely not really a kid place but I will go again.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

flood of flavor! Tsunami has become our families' go to place for their birthday! Having never been there before, my wife took her brother here for his 70th birthday. He was more than surprised and happy with her choice. The service was great, the food even better and the only issue was trying to find a parking spot due to the popularity of this strip mall area! Go early or mid afternoon to make sure you get in timely.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I'm not a sushi fan, so I was a little reluctant to go. I ordered the chicken teriyaki dinner, which was really good. I also enjoyed the tempura veggies that came with it. My husband and son liked the sushi. The service was great, too. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We went with 4 couples and tried at least 8 different rolls. All of them were really good. The Jenny was the only one that was just okay, lacking a bit in flavor. Tried the calamari and the edamame. We were impressed and would go back. The vibe of the place was cool too. We are from out of town and eat a lot of sushi and really liked tsunami. We liked it better than Itto sushi that we tried earlier in the week.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The food was delicious. For appetizers my husband ordered the miso soup and I ordered the dumplings, for dinner he ordered two rolls and I got the chicken teriyaki. Everything was very yummy. The chicken teriyaki had so much food but luckily my husband helped out. :-) The service was just okay. Our waiter didn't offer a fork and never filled our water glasses. When our check came he had charged us for two miso soups but didn't apologize for the mistake. I do recommend the restaurant though because of the food.