“3.5 would be a more fair review”

Bohemian Brewery & Grill
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: German, Bar, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We came here because we love both German food and beer. Maybe I am just spoiled, but I found this place to be underwhelming.
Pros: We were seated very quickly as a party of 4 on a Friday night - larger parties were waiting much longer. The Garlic burger was good - and the fries were good. Waiter was friendly. Decor was engaging. Ample parking.
Cons: The pork schnitzel was alright - but it was served with no lemon slices, and a wine/butter sauce that was really quite tasteless. The "garlic mash potatoes" had no garlic taste that I could discern. The spaetzel was super dry and tasteless, but had an odd orange color. We had the Heff beer and it too was just ok - seemed too watered down. My daughter had a shirley temple and the waiter offered to bring her another one, but it took so long that when he eventually borought it, he said it was "on the house since you waited so long". I would hope so! Waiter was obnoxiously making small talk every time he spoke to us - which at times was fun and other times bothersome. Prices were quite high considering what you got.

I really wanted to love this place but "our love was (not) meant to be". A clean place packed with people. We will keep returning to the Hoff Brau house in Las Vegas and Munich. But hey, German food in a pinch is always good to have in your back pocket.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We came as a family for an early dinner and we were glad we arrived early (4.30) because an hour later there were long lines to be seated. Food was hearty and tasty - bratwurst, schnitzel, and burgers were all delicious. The service was also brilliant - prompt, attentive and friendly. (Cheers Josh!)

Definitely a place to come back to and we’re already looking forward to it.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Frequenting brew pubs across the nation we have many that specialise is brewing and less on cooking. The Bohemian grill does both very well? The service was great, fast with numerous follow ups. The menu was filled with many delicious German entrees. Each of the four of us ordered something different and sampled each others selection. Rather than regret our choice of the night, we made a vow to return and sample all their entrees. Portions are huge, done come hungry or plan on packing some home with you. Based on the portion and quality of the food, the prices are fair.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Great atmosphere, good selection of beers and food item on the menu. Interesting items on display upstairs. Parking can be a challenge. We arrived on Sat evening (10/14) about 7:45 PM it was busy, we had a short wait and were seated upstairs. Service was ok not great. I ordered the Bavarian Bratwurst which came with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes, in hindsight I should have ordered something else, not saying it was bad just not what I expected. My wife had the Beef Stroganoff which was good and more than she could eat. People say the Goulash is good, sorry we did not have additional days to come back and try other items on the menu.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this place and were very happy we did. The meals are great but a little on the large size. The apple strudel was excellent