“Another great experience”

Rocky Mountain Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Midway
More attraction details
Owner description: Come by and visit Utah's Premier Guide Service. Rocky Mountain Outfitters was selected the "Guide Service of the Year"in North America by ORVIS. We strive to provide the best experience for you and your party. Fly Fishing the Blue Ribbon Waters of the Provo River, Horseback Rides at Sundance Mountain Resort, Riding Horses in the Wasatch State Park located in the Heber Valley near Park City, Horse drawn sleigh rides, Utah's best snowmobiling. We can help put together an adventure you won't soon forget. We have packages for all of Utah's funnest outdoor activities- ATV/Razor tours, Rafting trips, Ziplining, we can package with any of these activities to fill your day with fun.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have fished with RMO a number of times. Andrew is a riot. Two new guides, Johnny and Morgan were great. Worked well with the entire family. Accommodating, informative, educational. Highly recommend these charachters..

All reviews
"breathtaking views"
in 7 reviews
"well taken care"

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Ashleigh was a great guide and we had a terrific ride with amazing views! We enjoyed the private ride around the mountain - Thank you!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

When I saw the opportunity for a winter ride I was excited and booked. My first dilemma was transportation because I didn’t have a car. I checked into local transportation, Uber, etc and none of those would work or would cost more than the ride. I rented a car for a day in park City for $50 and drove to Midway. Very easy to find and GPS works I. This area.
It was only me and my guide, Hannah. The views are spectacular, riding the ridge line of the reservoir and the reflections of the mountains and sky in the water were amazing.
The horses were healthy and happy. I am a regular rider and the horse I was on was great.
Be sure to have your guide take a picture of you riding. They know the best spot. I have a great photo and mostly a fabulous memory of this ride.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Winter horseback riding is an activity I had been yearning to do for many years (I have a lot of horseback centric goals, oddly).
I am so thrilled to say that when I was able to finally get this checked off my bucket list, the experience was nothing short of perfect.
First thing I always keep an eye out for when animals are involved— are they well cared for?
I can say that Rocky Mountain outfitters absolutely takes care of their horses. They are well fed, well trained, and just so affectionate! I have never had horses crowd around me just to snuggle and get kisses— it was just so sweet I could cry!
Now for the actual review of the activity:
I signed my boyfriend and myself up for the one hour trail. (Seeing as we are Los Angeles dwellers , I feared that we might not be tough enough to withstand the cold of the 2 hour ride) However, I wish I had booked us for the 2 hour option when our 1 hour was up and I didn’t want to say goodbye to my horse or the visually stunning landscape of soldier hollow. The sights were so breathtaking and our guide went just the right pace. The activity started on time and our guide was very hospitable. We were in a group of 6, but we didn’t mind. Next time I might sign us up for the private ride, though =]