“Don't let the guy with the sign keep you away.”

Sea Bears Fish House & Grill
Ranked #92 of 389 Restaurants in Ogden
Description: If you are looking for Fish-N-Chips look no further! We also have a variety of menu items including Grilled Fish, Oysters, Shrimp & One of Ogden's Top 10 Hamburgers!!! Come on down and give us a Try!
Reviewed 24 September 2015

For the past two years I have driven down Washington Blvd and seen the guy waiving the Fish n' Chips sign. I associate rabid sign waiving to used car dealerships and shady furniture stores. I have always thought in my head that I will never eat at this place, because that sign waiving guy seems a little creepy.

A friend recommended we go there, and after some hesitation I agreed. As I pulled up to Washington, I saw about 50 people in line for the taco cart across the street and wondered if that would be a better idea. As we walked in there was not a soul in the joint, never a good sign for a fish restaurant. Then we got the menus and I realized that the place had a name, it was called Sea Bears, I just thought it was that creepy sign waiving fish and chips joint on Washington. The menu was awesome! Many of the things I love if done right and the fish is fresh. But, I had to put Sea Bears to the ultimate test. Fried Oysters are easy to mess up. No one likes a limp soggy oyster. When I got the fried oysters they were spot on. Super crispy on the outside and deliciously tender on the inside. I also had the crab salad and it was good too. My friend had the cod and chips and he said they were amazing. The service was super fast as we got our food within 10 minutes.

I spent the 4th of July weekend driving down the Pacific coast eating at fresh fish joints and Sea Bears compared very good to some popular places right on the Pacific Coast (Moe's). The décor is really unique but you have to check this place out! You can tell that it is family run business that cares about providing people with good food.

1  Thank Rob B

Reviewed 9 August 2015

My husband and I came here for an early dinner/late lunch and really enjoyed the halibut and chips. We are picky about our fish and chips, and the fish here was very fresh, with large portions . The owners were very friendly too. They are still expanding the restaurant to include the front area and the outside patio, in addition to putting in an Italian Soda bar, etc. Take-out is also available. A nice place for lunch.

1  Thank MariaBCalifornia
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! We were so excited to try this place, that we skipped lunch in anticipation. The reviews were stellar, and we thought this was going to be delicious. Wrong! Service was so slow, that we waited 10 minutes for water, but at least we got some eventually. My son went the entire meal without because he drank his wating 40 minutes for the greasy, salty, and almost inedible meal. The only reason aything got eaten was because my boyfriend's blood sugar was low. Don't bother, our waitress nor the owners do.

13  Thank TJ S
Reviewed 27 May 2015

First Time service was POOR but the food was pretty good. Tried it a second time only because we got coupons for the poor service. This time I caught them just before the lunch rush hour and the shrimp were quite good. Third time, both the service AND the food was not good. Three times is all you get.

9  Thank mtngreen
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Great food and value, but this is more of a family dining place than "fine dining" establishment. This is a great place to get some excellent seafood or a fun date night, but not for a romantic couples evening.