All reviews ski shop front desk short walk across the parking lot ice skating full kitchen bit dated rented skis hot tub main street min walk living room room key fitness room off season free bus close proximity can't beat the location
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed in room 412-1. The prices are decent value for Park City and the location really couldn't be much better for proximity to the base. The room was ok, a little tired, and the beds were just ok. Really, it could be a pretty decent place if they just changed the carpets. They are old, musty, smelled like smoke (bother my wife's allergies) & filthy under the beds. Likely would not return.

Stayed: March 2017
Jason R, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for your review we always appreciate the feedback. We will look at the carpets and get them cleaned, and maybe even change them out if we can’t get the musty smell out. Thank you and we hope you enjoyed Park City!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

My husband and I rented a deluxe 1 bedroom condo and everything was brand new. Furniture, floors, bathrooms, kitchen all brand new. It had a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. A comfortable queen size bed and a pull out couch which we did not use. I asked for a quiet unit and I definitely got one. No noise at all! We had no issues with housekeeping as we are very neat so I guess if you are prone to spills etc.. you might be disappointed as they don't vacuum every day. But we got fresh towels, and a general freshening up which included making the bed.

I rated the property average because the common areas are run down but we were very happy with our unit. If you can afford it then go with the deluxe condo as they are probably updated and have full kitchens. Front desk staff very always helpful. We had no car so the shuttle service to the Fresh Market and liquor store was awesome!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Jason R, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Shadow Ridge has something for everyone, whether you just want to kick back and relax or enjoy the adventures that Park City has to offer. Each unit is is decorated differently and has its own unique design. Please remember we do have options available to book a premium and standard room. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Our family of four stayed in a "Deluxe Room" condo at Shadow Ridge for 5 nights in March. The common area was spacious and comfortable, with a couch and three chairs, and the kitchen was well equipped. We could have used more lighting in all the rooms. We had two bathrooms, which was really convenient. The small bedroom was supposed to have two queens, but it had two double beds that had super soft mattresses that forced you to roll to the center if two people were sharing a bed. (We also got bruises from the foot boards that stick out as other people have mentioned) I have back problems, so I could not sleep in the bed, but made a bed out of the two chairs and the ottoman in the living room and it was just the firmness I needed. The walls are paper thin if you happen to have an adjoining room with just a door separating the rooms. I literally could have had a conversation with the strangers in the next room. The hallway carpets are in much need of replacement, but the room we stayed in was in good shape. The front desk attendants were friendly and helpful. We could definitely hear street traffic and snow kats grooming the slopes all night...especially when they are beeping a reverse signal. Everyone was tired enough, that the noise didn't really bother us. We rented skis at Breeze Ski Rentals at Park City and they let us leave our shoes at the store during the day so that we didn't have to walk to and from the slopes in the ski boots. That was super helpful! They also stored the skies and poles at night. The location of Shadow Ridge is super convenient with out the high price of ski-in ski out places. For that reason, we would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017
Jason R, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for staying at Shadow Ridge Resort. We appreciate your feedback and will play close attention to the areas lacking. You are correct in your assessment that each unit is decorated differently and has its own unique design.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The Shadow Ridge has friendly staff, a clean appearance, and one great location! Our room was very clean and large for a simple hotel room. We got a balcony that faced the Mountain, and was a 3 min walk to the chair lifts. We loved the fact that it was a pet free, and smoke free property. I would recommend the Shadow Ridge to anyone looking for a fun ski trip on a budget with a close location to the mountain and downtown Main St.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies, and majority of the hotel rooms come with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

We are glad you had such a wonderful time at Shadow Ridge! Yes our suites do provide all comforts of home when you are on vacation from a fully furnished kitchen in the one and two bedroom suites , balcony, outdoor pool, and the best feature the indoor Jacuzzi/ Sauna to finish your day. Park City Mountain Resort is just walking distance to enjoy your day of skiing.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Excellant location relative to the Mountain, it's just a short walk across the parking lot. Resort offered a free shuttle for errands or going in to Park City, which was a great plus, but you had to call far in advance to book.

The unit I stayed in was a two bedroom. It was spacious and somewhat modern, very comfortable. No laundry in the units which was a huge letdown, I brought three kids with me and needed to wash more often than I wanted. The resort has a few washers and dryers in basement which you have to pay in quarters for each load.

Housekeeping was a big letdown. They basically made the beds and emptied the trash. no vacuum, no countertop wipe, no bathroom cleaning.

Basically, the resort was not as advertised. It has age on it and needs updating in the units. The pool outside was tiny and unused. The workout room was pretty gross. I would not book this place again as there are several other resorts in the immediate area that make sense.

Room Tip: First floor needs work, I would try to reach out to individual owners if possible to see what last updates are.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan B

Thank you for your comments even though they are disheartening to hear, I apologize for lack of miscommunication on our daily housekeeping service(trash, towel replacement, and making up bed). We offer daily service and a complimentary midweek if guest is staying six nights or longer.